HD volume problems

C

Chips

Hi,

Does anyone know what would cause this issue on a HDR-FOX T2?

When watching any HD channel you cannot change the volume. The volume graphic goes up and down but it has no effect.
Have to change to volume on the TV instead.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chips

That is the way it is designed to work. The HDR volume control only affect the analogue audio signal.

Well that's odd, because this problem is happening on my father's Freeview HDR-FOX T2, but mine doesn't have the same issue!

No directly through the HDMI cable.

Would an audio optical cable effect it?

No freeview HDR, I'll have to check it he is using the opticle, but I am 99% sure he isn't.

FWIW, I set the HDR volume to max and use the TV volume control. That way you only have one thing setting the volume.

No freeview HDR, I'll have to check it he is using the opticle, but I am 99% sure he isn't.

cant control the vol. if it optical, it didn't work on the 9200 either, but has the remote can control other av equip, it is better than 9200. no more looking for other remotes,. yeah

Apologies for any confusion. My AV amp is so old HDMI was not even a twinkle in its daddy's eye and only has optical / co-ax digital audio connections.

Apologies for any confusion. My AV amp is so old HDMI was not even a twinkle in its daddy's eye and only has optical / co-ax digital audio connections.
So are you saying that the volume control on the HDR has no effect when you are listening via the optical output? and is this still the same if you have Menu > Settings > Preferences > Audio > Digital Audio Output set to Stereo?

Back