HDD Problem

You're barking up the wrong tree. The .hdf file installs to flash not the HDD, changing the HDD does not remove the custom firmware from flash.

Cloning could work: duplicating the exact detail of an existing working disk should produce another identical working disk... but "working" is the operative word. Cloning a faulty disk also clones the faults.

Because you seem confused by all this, let me set it out simply:
  1. Fit new disk;
  2. Turn on - new disk should be recognised and offered to format - click yes (if format isn't offered automatically - because you've initialised the drive elsewhere - do it through the menus... at which point you will discover whether the drive is recognised at all);
  3. Access WebIF, should be at installation page - install.
Only now are you ready to import from the old drive. At this point you have a choice: either set up your CF packages and configuration from scratch (I prefer this, because it avoids importing faults and dross); or try to import from the old drive. If you want to import the CF configuration from the old drive, see instructions prpr linked to above. Otherwise, set up the CF to your requirements.

Finally, if you haven't imported your recordings in the process above, you can hook up the old drive by USB and either play the old recordings from the old drive, or copy them in by several methods... but it will take hours or days.

I think that drive has had it. The T2 doesn't see it in a cradle. A Linux laptop cannot read the Video folder. When it's in the T2 I'm prompted to format it. When I Telnet it, it went through the Fixdisk process and started again. Not the end of the world as I don't know when I'd have had the time to watch 998 episodes of The Bill! 😆

Back