HDMI Switch Problem

peterpi

Happy New Year all.

I have a four input HDMI switch from Amazon. It arrived today and I get a picture from the mazon Fire TV box, but nothing from either T2 HRD or the Foxsat HDR. It has a PIP feature and I see what the Humax's are tuned to, but if I select them I get sound but no video. I've included a shot of the leaflet that came with it, in case there is a compatibility issue. Switcher.jpg

I've used a 3-input 1-output switch with no problems.
Perhaps it depends on the properties of your display?
Have you tried moving the inputs and/or the cables around?
Do you connect with the display off, while the others are on?
When you say the PIP shows what is on, do you see a live video from what is there?

I've used a 3-input 1-output switch with no problems.
Perhaps it depends on the properties of your display?
Have you tried moving the inputs and/or the cables around?
Do you connect with the display off, while the others are on?
When you say the PIP shows what is on, do you see a live video from what is there?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do see moving thumbnails, but I decided to return it and I've ordered a different one.

I ordered a different one and had the same problem with that. I have a switcher, 3 in 1 out, which is a few years old which works with no problems. It seems it's a HDCP problem, sound but no video, and the one which works is HDMI 1.3. I'm now ordering the third one from Amazon which is ......

Cable version: 3 x 1 HDMI 1.3V. not compatible with 1.4V or above.

Not really a question which is about a T2 problem, and maybe, should not have been posted here, but what HDMI version is the T2? It looks like the two switchers I've bought are not backward compatible. Any suggestions?

With my Foxsat HDR and Thor HDMI switch it will not handshake properly if the PVR is currently in recording standby when switching to use that source. It either has to be fully on or full off first before switching. Have you checked doing it that way?

v1.3a I believe.

Thanks for that. I think the Fire TV is HDMI 2.0 and that worked with the switches ||I returned to Amazon. The one I have now, which is the cheapest at under £6.00 shows video but no audio from the Fire TV and sound but no video from the T2 and Foxsat.

With my Foxsat HDR and Thor HDMI switch it will not handshake properly if the PVR is currently in recording standby when switching to use that source. It either has to be fully on or full off first before switching. Have you checked doing it that way?
I have not tried that but I will now.

Thanks both.

Back