I am guessing then that the web interface is not installed. Is this installed on the humax via usb or onto my pc?
Don't worry. If I can help I will. I am new to this too! I am sure that goes for everyone else here too. That's the general Idea of a forum, to help and inform.
It sounds like the Webif (Web interface) is not installed.
It is installed on the Humax not the PC. However, when it is installed you view it on the PC. You type in the IP address of your Humax and a page appears in your internet browser. You can use it then to view the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) and a host of other things. It has to be said it's still a work in progress, but it is very good and looks very professional too!
You say you have upgraded the Humax firmware to the latest version (1.02.20). Good. I assume you have downloaded the custom firmware too. Rename the custom firmware file to: HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf
Place the renamed custom firmware on a USB stick (preferable one you have used successfully with the Humax before as not all will work apparently).
Follow the upgrade instructions as if you were upgrading the original Humax firmware. I.E.
- Power OFF the product using the rear ON/OFF switch
- Download the software and save on a USB Pen*
- Make sure the filename is hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf
- Insert the USB Pen to the front or rear USB port on the product
- Power ON the product using the rear ON/OFF switch
- The download should start and the download progress should appear on the TV set; allow 5 minutes for the update to complete.
- When the update is complete End will appear on the front display, "Download Successful will appear on the TV.
- Remove USB Pen and press standby
You should, I believe, now be able to use your web browser of choice (Firefox for me!) to enter the IP address of your Humax (in the address bar NOT the search box) and the basic Web interface of the Humax should appear.
If it does not then it's possible you have the wrong IP address for the Humax or the custom firmware hasn't loaded.