HDR Fox and networking

OK success,
Apologies to black hole incase i suggested any doubt in the firmware.
Thanks to xyz321 for spotting my stupid error in the address.
I am currently updating the package list from the internet but it seems to be hanging without any activity?
One of my original questions was: 'is there any way that i can write to my external ntfs usb dive connected to my hummy from my pc?

Thanks
Geoff

OK success,
I am currently updating the package list from the internet but it seems to be hanging without any activity?
It should start downloading within a few seconds of the button being pressed. If not, try stopping the transfer and and try again using IE's stop and back buttons. If that doesn't work you may have to restart the Humax and try again.

Apologies to black hole incase i suggested any doubt in the firmware.
Who, me? AF123 won't like that! :)

One of my original questions was: 'is there any way that i can write to my external ntfs usb dive connected to my hummy from my pc?
NTFS write support is some way down the line. At the moment: no.

I thought xyz321 had done some work on this?
Yes, it's looking promising. I have an update to the package which fixes the warning message. However, it will need some firmware tweaks to enable it to automount the new nfts driver instead of the original driver.

Yes, it's looking promising. I have an update to the package which fixes the warning message. However, it will need some firmware tweaks to enable it to automount the new nfts driver instead of the original driver.
Hi xyz321,
Is there another thread where I can follow progress on this?

Thanks
Geoff

I am getting the following message when trying to download package: 'ntfs-3g':
Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class:56: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 60 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class", line 56

Can anyone help?

Thanks Chris,
ntfs-3g downloaded and installed.
Although I still can't write from my pc to my external ntfs usb drive attached to the hummy using ftp.
My web interface also seems to have disappeared also!
Can anyone help?
thanks
Geoff

Black hole,
I have decided to take on board your suggestion of buying a new external hard drive and formatting it with the hummy as you originally suggested in the 5th posting!

Although I have successfully installed the mod software and web interface on the hummy, I am still having trouble accessing the web interface via my wireless laptop, I am entering: 'http://192.168.1.164' (correct FTP details) into the address bar of my browser, it has worked a couple of times but more often I get a message saying that the site could not be found.
I have looked at the network details on my BT home hub and that recognises the hummy as part of the network and gives it the same ftp details.
Does the hummy portal have to be open all the time for me to view interface on pc? Should I try to change the ftp details? Could it be a security issue on my laptop?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Geoff

The Web Interface "Site" is loading directly from the Humax box, so if it cannot load it it means its not able to access the box.
The Humax TV Portal does not need to be open at any time in order to use the web interface on your PC.

It sounds like a networking issue but check the address of the Humax has not changed by checking the Internet Setting menu on the Humax box.
If its not, check the Homehub for some sort of log file and see what its reporting when you try to access the Web Interface.
If it has changed, you might be best changing the address to static.

Thanks Chris,
Presumably if I can use the portal ok then there are no network issues between the hummy & bt home hub?

Thanks Geoff

Although I have successfully installed the mod software and web interface on the hummy, I am still having trouble accessing the web interface via my wireless laptop, I am entering: 'http://192.168.1.164' (correct FTP details) into the address bar of my browser, it has worked a couple of times but more often I get a message saying that the site could not be found.
I think this is just a case of the browser timing out too early (assuming the Humax is booted up at the time of course - have you turned off auto-standby?). Try a refresh next time.

@Geoff
It would be better to allocate the Humax a static IP address. It is entirely possible that the HomeHub allocates it a different address depending what other network devices you have connected at any given time. However, as long as you know what address it has been allocated you will be OK, but that is a bit of a faff.

Back