HDR-FOX Reverted to Factory

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I don't recall seeing this issue reported before, perhaps somebody will remind me.

Warm start this evening (boot from standby) - silence! When I glanced up there was the installation dialogue on screen: language, screen ratio, etc, and no channels tuned. Thank AF for auto schedule backups! I don't seem to have lost any media files, the CF is intact, and I'm still on 1.02.27.

A manual tune and a schedule restore later and I'm up and running, but could have been messy.

Yes, this has been reported before. I think that Scuttlebroom may have been the first to report it HERE on 18th May, although it has happened to a few other members, myself included.

Doh!

I forgot the auto-power-down-after-3-hours-idle has been reinstated - a visit to the living room was required this morning!

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. As you say, thank AF for schedule backups, but I'd be interested to know why this happens at all!

I'm currently on 27+2.10, planning to let it "upgrade" to 28 on Wednesday (as an experiment) and then reinstate 20+2.11.

Double-Doh! I was wondering why my latest recordings wouldn't play on the HD-FOX last night "Channel scrambled" - then I realised the factory reset also turned off content sharing for the decryption!

All sorts of things came out of the woodwork, for some reason it didn't occur to me to go right through the settings menus and make sure everything was back as it should be. Fortunately I have my IP address set by DHCP otherwise I would have had to set that up again.

As a reminder for anybody else falling into this trap (and me!), here's a tick list:
  • Auto power-down
  • Power saving in standby
  • Content sharing
  • FTP access
  • Padding

Well Done BH! I too forgot that they changed when the issue happened to me as well!

I also had to change my TV output back to RGB as well!

Yes, this has been reported before. I think that Scuttlebroom may have been the first to report it HERE on 18th May, although it has happened to a few other members, myself included.

So far this hasn't happened again! (taps top of head!):oops:

Back