HDR-FOX T2 Delete loop help wanted.

The list of files that are pending deletion is held in the file /mnt/hd1/filebglastop.dat - it's probably too late to look but it would be interesting to see what's in there - otherwise, deleting it and rebooting should stop it from restarting by itself.

The list of files that are pending deletion is held in the file /mnt/hd1/filebglastop.dat - it's probably too late to look but it would be interesting to see what's in there - otherwise, deleting it and rebooting should stop it from restarting by itself.
Thanks, but all that's in there now is recordings that I've deleted since I installed the undelete package.

You could try installing firmware version 1.01.09, this was the last version before the Auto Delete function was added, so it should certainly stop the delete loop. I seem to recall that this has worked for people in the past who had a similar problem, although you would lose the TV Portal and a few other things. You could then try upgrading back to the latest version.

Something similar has happenned again. This time I had *Deleting ... in the media window after deleteing a recording we had just watched, but nothing appeared to be being deleted, fortunately. Box wouldn't shutdown though via the remote.

I telnet'ed onto the box and issued a "reboot" command. When the box came back up, the *Deleting ... had gone, and I was able to shutdown the box with the remote as normal and all my recordings were still there.

I'm running the Custom Firmware, webif, undelete, auto-unprotect, red-ring

Hi there,
I have the same problem regarding continuous delete. This happened some time ago but I didn't know about this site, so I bought a HDR 2000T as a replacement and the noise it makes is driving me mad, plus there's no bookmark facility, so I would like to get the old one working again. I'm not worried about saving old recordings - in fact I tried to delete them so that I could format the disc, but they just stay there, and I can't get into Settings because it's greyed out. Is there any way I can do a factory reset?

Thanks

I have the same problem regarding continuous delete. This happened some time ago but I didn't know about this site, so I bought a HDR 2000T as a replacement and the noise it makes is driving me mad, plus there's no bookmark facility, so I would like to get the old one working again. I'm not worried about saving old recordings - in fact I tried to delete them so that I could format the disc, but they just stay there, and I can't get into Settings because it's greyed out. Is there any way I can do a factory reset?
The best way to sort it out is to install the custom firmware which has a capability to fix many (but not all) hard drive problems and file system corruption problems.

Thanks. Sorry, I should have said that I've tried to install the custom firmware several times with no success. I assume this is a hard disc problem. Would replacing it be the answer?

Installing the custom firmware has nothing to do with the disk as it is written to flash.
"with no success" doesn't convey any useful information.
So the answer to your question is "no".

Apologies - that wasn't very clear. I meant that I downloaded Humax firmware 1.01.09 as per the instructions on this site for dealing with the destructive delete problem and tried several times to install it. I tried both USB ports several times but it would not install. The Humax remains in "delete" mode, although nothing has actually been deleted. I can watch all of the recordings. I can also watch live tv. What I cannot do is get into the Settings section to format the disc or retune the stations because it is greyed out. Which is why I asked if replacing the hard disc would solve the problem (the destructive delete problem, not the firmware installation)

Apologies - that wasn't very clear. I meant that I downloaded Humax firmware 1.01.09 as per the instructions on this site for dealing with the destructive delete problem and tried several times to install it.
You have not installed the custom firmware. Start reading at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview what you need is to run fix-disk which can be done when the initial installation of the custom firmware is done.

I meant that I downloaded Humax firmware 1.01.09 as per the instructions on this site for dealing with the destructive delete problem and tried several times to install it.
Just ignore all that old junk and install the modern stuff: http://hpkg.tv/rpc/cfwget.html?file=HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.10.zip
Which is why I asked if replacing the hard disc would solve the problem (the destructive delete problem, not the firmware installation)
Yes, it will, but there is probably nothing wrong with the disk that a modern custom firmware can't fix, so changing it is a pointless waste of time and money.

Back