HDR-FOX T2 Delete loop help wanted.

Apologies - that wasn't very clear. I meant that I downloaded Humax firmware 1.01.09 as per the instructions on this site for dealing with the destructive delete problem and tried several times to install it. I tried both USB ports several times but it would not install. The Humax remains in "delete" mode, although nothing has actually been deleted. I can watch all of the recordings. I can also watch live tv. What I cannot do is get into the Settings section to format the disc or retune the stations because it is greyed out. Which is why I asked if replacing the hard disc would solve the problem (the destructive delete problem, not the firmware installation)
That's only advice suitable for custom-firmware haters - 1.01.09 is only a stop-gap. The best instructions are here: Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click)

However, if you cannot update firmware by USB you are stuck. The usual reason for this is an unsuitable UPD (USB Pen Drive). Try another, and keep trying until you find one that works (2GB or smaller by preference). Ensure you are following the instructions given in the link above to the letter.

Yes, you could just replace the disk, but you still need to sort out your inability to update firmware.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I finally installed the custom firmware and it looks like the hard disc is beyond repair, so I am considering fitting a new one. From reading other threads this seems to be straightforward - I just fit the disc and then format it, right?

Thanks again.

Yes, up to 2TB. There are specific posts/topics on the forum recommending what sort of drive to get - by preference you need one optimised for AV use. If you feel adventurous you can install drives larger than 2TB with the help of the custom firmware.

Hi - just wanted to say a huge thank you to the wider Hummy community for putting together things like this forum/custom firmware etc. I've been having random reboots (solved by re-tuning of all things) and the delete loop (solved by installing the custom fw and then telnetting in and doing the maintenance checks) and couldn't have done it without this forum.

I've now got my Humax HDR-Fox T2 1TB back up and running just in time to record all those Christmas shows :)

Back