HDR Fox T2 File ts Editing

I don't mind paying decent money for something that does all I am likely to need, and does it well. So, what does it do?

There's a free trial. Basically fast straight cut editing of mpeg2 and H264 HD files (topping and tailing plus cutting out the ads HD and SD is a cinch). Very fast output from both, programme only recodes at edit points. Multititle DVD authoring with basic menus. No AVCHD or Blu-ray authoring though. Fast joining of multiple files.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/ProductTVS.htm

Thanks.

I prefer not to even trial something until I'm pretty sure it's what I want.

What features do you want ?. I have the software and a HDR FOX T2 so can try anything not already known. The software isn't aac audio enabled so you do need to convert HD footage to ac3 audio.

What features do you want ?. I have the software and a HDR FOX T2 so can try anything not already known. The software isn't aac audio enabled so you do need to convert HD footage to ac3 audio.

I spend a lot of time converting ac3 to aac when going from mkv to mp4 - don't want to start going the other way. When VRD saves as mp4, what audio format does it use?

It handles AAC fine, and in the latest versions it converts the LATM header AAC (which UK DVB-T2 uses) to the much better supported ADTS header AAC

You misunderstand. I was referring to DVD/AVCH/blu-ray production, no problem in producing HD files for playback on a PC/Media Streamer. DVD doesn't support aac, (nor Blu-ray/AVCHD) so the audio needs conversion for use on a optical storage medium. I don't think VRD will produce a DVD from a HDR FOX T2 HD file unless you replace the audio with ac3 first. I will give it a test to see with a short clip.

You misunderstand. I was referring to DVD/AVCH/blu-ray production, no problem in producing HD files for playback on a PC/Media Streamer. DVD doesn't support aac, (nor Blu-ray/AVCHD) so the audio needs conversion for use on a optical storage medium. I don't think VRD will produce a DVD from a HDR FOX T2 HD file unless you replace the audio with ac3 first. I will give it a test to see with a short clip.

Apologies! I will run a test as well

You are correct, for DVD output the only options for the audio are LPCM/WAV or MPEG

In your original post, did you mean to say that it is not AC3 enabled?

You are correct, for DVD output the only options for the audio are LPCM/WAV or MPEG

No it will accept ac3 audio on source files for DVD and downmix to stereo for DVD. It appears to have ac3 decoding but not encoding. The encoding licence is quite expensive I believe.
I don't think the same applies to content with aac audio.

Surfing the www at lunch time, and while looking for something else, found mention of LATM and ffmpeg. I have tried using it before without luck (although some mention of it being included previously), I had given up on straight conversion (I’m a command line kind of guy) having invested in a copy of VideoReDo and stopped my irregular searches for a solution.

But as one of the “I don’t do give up” club I have just tested a new build of ffmpeg and although there are a few messages popping up it seems to work. I’ve only done a simple .ts to .aac test so far but it seems promising.

Back