HDR-Fox T2 Freeview box

I think I have read somewhere the software is developed in the UK.
Yes, they mention their Britishness on their website - a bit.

It's a shame the T3 only has two tuners (especially as T3 name suggests three). Gives the Aura an edge in marketing.

It's a shame the T3 only has two tuners (especially as T3 name suggests three). Gives the Aura an edge in marketing.
That is one of its main disadvantages for me, as is the lack of multi code remote control.
If you could use two T3-R boxes in the same room, without remote control conflicts, then a second box would give you similar recording capability to the aura. I know that it would cost more, but I don't care.

New Manhaton T3 box arrives tomorrow, i've looked on Ebay and see that there have been some Humax Fox T2 Hdr boxes sold for spares. I may put the two i have up, along with 3 remote controls, two orignal Humax, the other a cheap ebay one, all remotes work fine, one of the originals is almost new. Looking on Ebay completed sales i see some Humax boxes for spares sold for £26 each plus postage . I may put them both up in one bundle for £35 plus postage. Someone with the skills would be able to make up one fully working box, and still have some spares. The faults are iffy connection on aerial on one box, and the other occasionally doesnt recognise the remote control, switching it off at the rear of the box for a couple of mins usually sorts it out. Other than that they play and record ok, hard drives are 500gb, with no errors, both boxes visually are in excellent condition.
Just like to thank everyone for all the advice and help.

Bought quite a lot, havent sold anything on there for at least 8 years. Its just a thought at the moment. I'll probably do it via my partner's Ebay account, she has sold a fair bit on Ebay and more genned up with it, not much else i can do with them, and a few quid back would be good.

I buy loads, but the process is now so heavily skewed in the buyer's favour I'm not at all sure about becoming a seller.

I'm not at all sure about becoming a seller.
Given the effort involved (taking decent pictures, writing descriptions, working out p&p (always tracked because some buyers are opportunists), getting it to the parcel shop, etc) then if I'm not going to see at least £5 clear profit, preferably £10, after expenses, fees, etc ... it goes to a charity shop or the bin/recycling.
Remaining life is too short :)

I think ill give it a go, i do have a feeling they may not sell. Took some photos, on thinking about the price i think i'll drop it to £30 buy it now plus postage via Hermes, doesnt cost to try, il'l give it a week if not gone, ill take them off.

If you're posting for 7 days, begin late Saturday or early Sunday for maximum views. I've done well shifting surplus items as I've got older.

If you're posting for 7 days, begin late Saturday or early Sunday for maximum views. I've done well shifting surplus items as I've got older.
For somewhat 'special' stuff I try and do 10 days beginning Thurs or Friday - gets 2 weekends of exposure.

I see what you mean, I did try but they dont make it easy to list, its definetly leans to favour the buyers. I dont think i will bother for time being.

Well, I'm sure any of us will contact you if we're interested. Personally I have too many carcasses already! £30 doesn't sound too bad if a working one comes out of it, but you'd be in a better selling position if you did that yourself.

I'm thinking of maybe having a go in getting one working properly, the ariel / RF connection one is beyond me repairing it, but im going to see if i can take the panel with the remote sensor out and swap it to the other box. I have a link to dismatling the box, which will help.

I had a look at the box this afternoon, and was suprised how easy it was to swap the front panel assembly over, unfortunatley it didnt work, it's still the same and it still does not work with the remote control, i tried all three remotes and its same with them all. The remotes work fine with the other box.with either front panel. So i take it its something maybe on the main board. I can think of nothing else, if anyone is interested in making and offer for these along with the three remote controls there welcome, i reckon postage to be around £8.00 with Hermes. Thanks for all the advice. I will miss the Humax, just waiting for Manhatton T3 to be delivered now.

The remotes work fine with the other box
Do they sometimes work with the other unit, or never? If "never", and as the IR receiver is in the front panel assembly, it seems far more likely that the problem is simply the channel the handset is operating on v. the channel the HDR-FOX is set to. Try reprogramming.

I had a look at the box this afternoon, and was suprised how easy it was to swap the front panel assembly over, unfortunatley it didnt work, it's still the same and it still does not work with the remote control,
That is unfortunate but I was just writing a post to say not to be surprised if it does not work!
I bought a second had unit for less than £4 which was supposed to be faulty in its response. For this particular HDR-FOX T2 the reason turned out to be that although the Humax said the HDD was OK, in fact the HDD was corrupted, as indicated by its smart data. After sorting out the HDD a couple of months ago the remote response has been fine.

Il give that a go, by reprogramming i take it you mean doing a full factory reset. I will give it a go tomorrow. Manhatton T3 arrived this evening so setting that up tonight. will hook the Humax up again tomorrow. This will be last atempt with it though, i dont mind doing this but someone else..No Names mentioned has a list of other jobs.

That is unfortunate but I was just writing a post to say not to be surprised if it does not work!
I bought a second had unit for less than £4 which was supposed to be faulty in its response. For this particular HDR-FOX T2 the reason turned out to be that although the Humax said the HDD was OK, in fact the HDD was corrupted, as indicated by its smart data. After sorting out the HDD a couple of months ago the remote response has been fine.

Thanks for that, but as we have just bought a Manhatton T3, i dont want to spend a whole lot of time on Humaax box, i was only going to use it on the second TV. Ill try the reprogramming whis has just been recomended, failing that they will have to go.

Back