HDR Fox T2 losing 1st 10 channels (+ HD equivalents)

Indeed not, but the OP said he'd edited it:
OP also said that he has 2 of his 3 HDRs with the same symptoms. Also as two machines are exhibiting the same behaviour its possible that all 3 had tunefix setup with the same parameters, and the one OK for now is just waiting for the right excuse to remove channels.

Wilton in Wiltshire: Freeview might argue that MENdip is better from an interference point of view than HANnington (although it accepts you are in the Meridian ITV region). ;)

But while ROW is poor, it is predicted to be receivable - especially the Vp versions due to less interference from the Continental Hp transmitters. It's also not that far off bearing (166 ROW cf 100 HAN) and if there is a High Pressure 'lift' on Rowridge could come in stronger than usual. But reception is diffracted for both transmitters and pretty low field (according to Wolfbane), so high gain aerial and masthead amp would be normal in the area I'm guessing.

Manual tune and/or choose the correct region should resolve things though. Then consider using tunefix again should it be necessary?

OP also said that he has 2 of his 3 HDRs with the same symptoms. Also as two machines are exhibiting the same behaviour its possible that all 3 had tunefix setup with the same parameters, and the one OK for now is just waiting for the right excuse to remove channels.
That's a very good point. Perhaps the OP can post a config from an unedited unit.

Wilton in Wiltshire: Freeview might argue that MENdip is better from an interference point of view than HANnington (although it accepts you are in the Meridian ITV region). ;)

But while ROW is poor, it is predicted to be receivable - especially the Vp versions due to less interference from the Continental Hp transmitters. It's also not that far off bearing (166 ROW cf 100 HAN) and if there is a High Pressure 'lift' on Rowridge could come in stronger than usual. But reception is diffracted for both transmitters and pretty low field (according to Wolfbane), so high gain aerial and masthead amp would be normal in the area I'm guessing.

Manual tune and/or choose the correct region should resolve things though. Then consider using tunefix again should it be necessary?
We used (many years ago) to use Mendip but there are close trees in the way which interfere

tunefix-update does something different – it tracks such things as services moving to a different LCN or even a different mux, so you don't need to do a retune each time. The name has turned out to be an unfortunate choice, because people keep associating it with tunefix.
It's not unfortunate, it's deliberate. It is associated with tunefix as it modifies some of its config. sometimes.
Just a guess: /mod/etc
I thought that the uninstall doesn't delete the .config file . It may still be accessible via the WebIf's File Editor
Indeed, and it tells you where it is!

It's not unfortunate, it's deliberate. It is associated with tunefix as it modifies some of its config. sometimes.
💡

I had not made that connection. I only saw it as revising the tuning database, I had not twigged that it also has to update the tunefix config file to match!

It's /mod/boot/tunefix.conf
It's only in the File Editor list if the tunefix package is installed, but the file is there regardless.

It's /mod/boot/tunefix.conf
It's only in the File Editor list if the tunefix package is installed, but the file is there regardless.
ta - I was looking for .config so had no chance :-}
This is the one from the always "working" beast
REGION|Berks & North Hant
FORCE|1|BBC ONE South
FORCE|2|BBC TWO
FORCE|3|ITV
FORCE|4|Channel 4
FORCE|9|BBC FOUR
FORCE|101|BBC ONE HD
FORCE|102|BBC TWO HD
FORCE|103|ITV HD
FORCE|104|Channel 4 HD
FORCE|711|BBC Berkshire
FORCE|712|BBC Sussex
FORCE|713|BBC Wiltshire
FORCE|714|BBC Solent
FORCE|715|BBC Solent Dorset
LCN|207,285,672,675-694,751-799

It's out of date (BBC ONE HD, ITV HD at least) and there's nothing customised in there. I would just delete it. A new one will be created if you reinstall the package.

It's out of date (BBC ONE HD, ITV HD at least) and there's nothing customised in there. I would just delete it. A new one will be created if you reinstall the package.
Doesn't "REGION|Berks & North Hant" count as being customised?

Back