HDR-fox-T2 poor signal strength

For an aerial set horizontal a vertical pole through it probably won't have a lot of effect. And as it's an old installation that clearly isn't the cause of recent issues. Different game for vertical as I discovered last year.

Interesting about the 4G possibility. I kinda thought that was all done and dusted. 5G masts will be popping up but are they on frequencies that could affect TV?

Interesting about the 4G possibility. I kinda thought that was all done and dusted. 5G masts will be popping up but are they on frequencies that could affect TV?
It is not 4G interference in all likelihood (though such signal can swamp amplifiers affecting more than one mux frequency typically). 4G was ch 61+ clearance aka 800 MHz and what AT800 as Restore TV was formerly known as, was set up for.

5G uses ch49-60 aka 700 MHz clearance of UHF TV band (as well as other frquencies).

It might be 5G in this area to East of Dundee... or not. The filter in front of the amplifier will soon prove it one way of the other.

The pole will not make an enormous difference but it's wrong and is so simple to get right in the first place!
I'd agree the camera angle may make it look a bit worse than it is in reality.

Hi Folks
Can I ask advice on my recent problem of poor signal strength, usually 65-70% and causes pixilation.

The antenna is a solid installation using T & K brackets externally mounted. The coax is terminated into an internal amplifier for distribution to the other sets in the house.

There are 2 HDR's in the property and both have poor signal strength, tried a manual retune without success. What equipment is used to check for signal strength from the transmitter?

Is this a job for an aerial man to check with his equipment?

Any advice would be appreciated
sorry only just seen this - I had very similar behaviour recently and I'm embarressed to say it was down to aged co-ax to the mast. I could and should have spotted the problem and solved it myself but assumed that wasn't the problem :-(

4G was ch 61+ clearance aka 800 MHz and what AT800 as Restore TV was formerly known as, was set up for.

5G uses ch49-60 aka 700 MHz clearance of UHF TV band (as well as other frquencies).
So it looks like 700 5G is more likely to be a problem than the original batch.

Back