HDR Fox T2 Support Ending?

As per this thread my HDR-FOX T2 looks like it might be coming to the end of it's useful life. Will you good people be looking at developing custom firmware for any new/current Humax devices?

So far there is no sign of a way in for the more recent Humax PVRs, for inserting code. The best that has been done is to reach in through FTP and manipulate recording properties so that HiDef recordings become streamable and decryptable the same as StDef recordings (on the HDR-2000T - even that may not be possible on FVP-4000T).

The security on the firmware download format for FOXSAT-HD, FOXSAT-HDR, HD-FOX T2, and HDR-FOX T2 was possible to analyse and recreate to then be able to build "fake" firmware update files. The security has been tightened for the more recent models, and although it is possible to read the downloads, it has not been possible to recreate the authentication that they require to accept a modified update file as valid.

Although, to be fair, I'm not aware of anyone having tried very hard.

Would be great if a whole new cycle of mods began on the latest boxes. Especially if they have better processors. I have remained committed to the HDR FOX T2 mostly because of the active CF community and added features created here.

That necessity proverb. Probably that stage has not been reached yet looking to Af123.
I found a solution to the deleted radio app bit from the TV iPlayer. I got a cheap £30 TV Hannspree Android box with optical out so now get a months content with the iPlayer Radio app in HLS, the 320mbs m4a plus live. Dandy if you like steam radio. I bang the TV off and listen to it via my AV sound system. There is video content on the radio app that isn't on the TV app. That bit is also useful.

Back