HDR-Fox T2 vs FVP-5000T

I suppose being in IT, I have often dismissed 'premium' cables due to being overly expensive and gimmiky, but I guess there's a place for decent kit occasionally!!
It doesn't have to be 'premium' (which usually relates more to the packaging and price). Just serviceable will do.
They're hard to find sometimes because there's a million cheap and c**p ones on one side, a dozen premiums the other way and a couple of decent ones hiding in the Diagon Alley like gap between them :)

I had considered this, but ruled it out in my mind because I couldn't see how adding a video overlay would change the spectrum of the HDMI data.

I had considered this, but ruled it out in my mind because I couldn't see how adding a video overlay would change the spectrum of the HDMI data.
Here's an hypothesis:
Producing the white surrounds to the boxes will produce regular 'pulses' of hxFFFFFFFF in the data unlike the usual more random events. That would become short blips (square waves) I in the HDMI that when radiated to the aerial signal cause disruption.

That's a bit of overkill for a 2M patch lead GLT.:laugh:

Although possibly the cheapest way if you don't already have the bits and bobs.

6) Search by genre (eg movies) only gives today's schedule. There must be a way around this surely?

As much as a whooooooole day???
We'll that's an improvement on the 4000 which can only find the next 2 hours (2 films). TOTALLY REDUNDANT FEATURE

I actually wrote to humax and got some really lame excuse back

You might also check your memory stick isn't formated as fat or fat32 since that would only allow 4GB files and would be nothing to do with the Hummy. Try NTFS or EXT32

On my 4000 I had to try several formats on several usb sticks before I found one it liked

Here's an hypothesis:
Producing the white surrounds to the boxes will produce regular 'pulses' of hxFFFFFFFF in the data unlike the usual more random events. That would become short blips (square waves) I in the HDMI that when radiated to the aerial signal cause disruption.
It's as good a theory as anything else.
I suspect that the newer Humax boxes are using inferior internal shielding on various areas. That combined with poor quality cables and it is an intereference nightmare. Makes me wonder if the newer Humaxes pass the EMC and/or Radio Equipment Directives.

I have had a FOXSAT-HDR with custom firmware for years and very happy with it. I have recently moved and have a property without satellite dish so purchased an FVP-5000T and the H3 streamer. Two weeks use and I must say I am very dissapointed such that they are being returned and I have sourced a 2nd hand HDR-T2 and will run custom firmware.

Problems.

Cannot copy HD recordings as encrypted, no solution.
Cannot even copy SD recordings via SAMBA, must use media server so only works with Win 10
Box is slow
wifi connection keeps dropping, even though strong signal.
Lack of web interface
Says it is a streaming box - But no NOW TV or Plex App - so Must run Roku also.

Streaming to the H3 get constant break ups.
I can happily stream a HD file from my Plex MS via a ROKU using same network and get no breakups.
H3 when watching Live TV often says channel unavailable, even though it is playing on the FVP on TV next room.
Very poor GUI and navigation on H3
No Now TV or Plex App

All in all a real step backward from the FOXSAT in every way, except the inclusion of more tuners. But I am happy to live with that for the usability of the T2.

Having lived with it for several month, it's constantly driving me batty. The slow GUI is the only gripe I have. From pressing a button to the recordings list coming up is often 5 seconds. So long that i'm waggling the remote in the air and pressing buttoms again as I think it's not been received. I don't have that many recordings, probabbly less than a 1/4 used space so reading the disc should take too long.

However the single good thing is we have signed up to netflix and that works well through the humax

Back