HDR FoxT2 DEAD

arjem

Bought direct from Humax May 2013.
Recently box was working okay.
Recently tried to use it and found it dead.
Checked fuse - okay.
Ran extension lead from another socket - still dead
Used remote with PVR button pressed - still dead.
Pressed front panel button at least 30 times - no response from box.
I have now run out of ideas.
Help please?

Was it bought as NEW or CLASS A refurb.
If the former then it's got a 2 year warranty, as long as you register it on their site first!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I bought as Class A so has only one year warranty!!!

No user servicable parts, so unless you know someone who knows how to fix stuff like this, I think you're out of luck.
It's probably an internal power supply fault of some sort...

Last edited:
Thanks for this repair suggestion. Has anyone had a successful outcome from repairing the PSU on a dead Humax recorder?

Has anyone had a successful outcome from repairing the PSU on a dead Humax recorder?
Some people certainly have. You would need to measure the output voltages from your power supply to get a good idea of whether it will help in your specific case.

If it is the power supply itself (it could be a component on the main board) then try http://www.free-sat-tv.co.uk/Humax.php
I have posted power supply board to Goldstar. I have had a 'positive' phone call saying board is cracked probably because Humax has been dropped. It certainly wasn't dropped whilst with me. Maybe a good reason not to buy Grade A direct from Humax. Anyway Goldstar are going to fix board but said it won't look pretty. I'll let you know if it successfully gets Humax working again when board is reinstalled. Goldstar sound like they care about the service they provide.

saying board is cracked probably because Humax has been dropped. It certainly wasn't dropped whilst with me.

Maybe by someone who hasn't owned up to it!

After a year it would take some kind of force/knock to cause it to stop working, or maybe the crack occurred during the post sending in for repair.

Did you inspect the power supply ? You would have been unlikely to miss a crack that is capable of stopping it from working!

Big THANK YOU to Black Hole. My PSU was returned today from Goldstar Computers who Black Hole suggested could repair the PSU. They have repaired it and now my previously HDR-Fox T2 is now working again. Thank you again.

Back