Here We Go Again...

Time to catch up on all those programmes that I have not got round to watching. If I want cheering up I still have Sherwood to watch.

The BBC doesn't seem to understand that not everyone wants wall to wall coverage. Even those like me who are Royalists may want to watch something else.

I don't understand how long it takes to say "the Queen is dead, long live the King". A news flash between programmes should be sufficient, with a pointer to BBC News. Drama had a banner permanently along the bottom of the screen to that effect, annoying but at least we still got Last of the Summer Wine!

I don't understand how long it takes to say "the Queen is dead, long live the King". A news flash between programmes should be sufficient, with a pointer to BBC News. Drama had a banner permanently along the bottom of the screen to that effect, annoying but at least we still got Last of the Summer Wine!
Various "4" channels also had banner along bottom of screen.
Didn't BBC Parliament also take the blanket news?
BBC 1 and BBC News would have been overkill but acceptable. Four channels duplicated is not. Ditto BBC radio. As all the news on ITV, C4 and C5 is provided by ITN a bit of coordination could have given viewers more choice. Rather confusing lack-of-ad-breaks on UKTV channels.
Don't forget the Tories and the Daily Mail would give the BBC some (more) stick if they don't show enough respect - so we could be suffering from wall-to-wall coverage for the next 10 days.:rolleyes:

But TV is not the be all is it? Just treat it as a power cut and do something else.

I was hesitant to bring this up, but my current friend has only a matter of months or even weeks with untreatable cancer, only diagnosed on Monday following a CT the previous fortnight. It's been "just" a bit of back pain since April, and treated as osteoporosis. Yes, another one (this makes four).

I can't find any tears for a 96 year old head of state, however much I respect the institution.

As a student, I had an old reel-to-reel tape recorder and built up an extensive music collection recorded from the radio. I was infuriated in January 1965 when in the middle of a performance of Beethoven's 9th Symphony: "We interrupt this programme to bring you the latest bulletin on Sir Winston Churchill..." He died a few days later. I threw the recording out decades later when I could afford to buy CDs. I guess I should have kept it 'for posterity'. I doubt the BBC ever even recorded it.

It is causing some odd changes, they have taken off The Last Leg CH4 tonight which I had on series record but still have Gogglebox at 9pm. The replacement for The Last Leg is 2 episodes of First Dates and my schedule now shows that I have the second episode on series record :confused:. Surely all 3 shows are intended to be humorous so why just cancel one?

Surely all 3 shows are intended to be humorous so why just cancel one?
They'll probably adjust future episodes to be more sensible and all three will come your way. I've seen similar happen with other live events shunting a programme in a series.

Their immediate need is to kill off the 'very soon' stuff. Deciding how to deal with the fallout from that can be done at a more leisurely pace.

I was wanting to watch the Diamond League athletics but my recording cut to black edged sombreness about 17 minutes in. The good news is that the full three hours coverage has now popped up on iPlayer so that gives me something to watch tomorrow morning in lieu of the footy and rugger being cancelled today. :)

but my recording cut to black edged sombreness about 17 minutes in.
That'll be because according to one BBC headline this is "The moment history stops". So nothing more happens ... forever?

Given that the royals are ALL about history that is completely bonkers.

I was hesitant to bring this up, but my current friend has only a matter of months or even weeks with untreatable cancer, only diagnosed on Monday following a CT the previous fortnight. It's been "just" a bit of back pain since April, and treated as osteoporosis. Yes, another one (this makes four).

But it has all been worth it. We protected the NHS. It does not protect us.

The front line NHS were very far from protected in 2020. Whereas You've been protected since birth. It's currently struggling to maintain the highest standards, just like the rest of society.

The front line NHS were very far from protected in 2020. Whereas You've been protected since birth. It's currently struggling to maintain the highest standards, just like the rest of society.
What does that have to do with anything in the current conversation?

Back