Here We Go Again!

Oh yes, I thought you meant Independence Day. If Goldblum can write a virus to infect an unseen operating system running on processor technology from another world, I want him on the team!

I think the mythbusters should check that one out ... especially the bit where they do "whatever it takes" to make it happen.

It looks like most of the changes meant to happen on the 19 Sept. will now take place on the 17th. Oct See Details HERE, maybe this is due to the Sky News Objections, Who Knows, anyway now there are two dates for your diary. Also Brian has pointed out that the Humax has a "DSO Event" for Wed 19 Sep 2012 at 13:00 BST.

I noticed this DSO event appear in the remote schedule listing - is there any explanation of these events (what do they imply?)

Derek

HERE ARE SOME RE-TUNE NOTES

When you turn your TV on after 13:00 on 19Sept. you will get this message :-
re-tune.jpg

1) If you don't click later within 3 Mins. the Humax will auto-tune (erasing your schedule and favourites)
2) Clicking 'Later' will give you a chance to make a note of your schedule and favourites list
3) After recording your details you must go back to standby - Then - Awake to get the 'nag screen' back
4) NOTE :- If you do a re-tune without clicking 'NOW' you may still get the nag screen (forcing yet ANOTHER re-tune)

Just switched on to find the re-tune message. I hadn't seen this thread so hit Now before reading Ezra's post above so now got to re-add all my schedule and hope I don't forget anything. Is there a Formula 1 GP this weekend? If not, then it won't be in the EPG so I'll have to make a note to add it when it appears - nearly missed it after the last re-tune.

This whole DSO has been a monumental cock-up IMNSHO. A bunch of 10-year-olds could have organized it better. Of course, it doesn't help that Humax hasn't designed their s/w a bit better so it retains your schedule but with the ability to edit it to correct changed channel numbers etc. - although it should be able to auto-correct based on the programme IDs.

Is that finally it for all this re-tuning rigmorole?

Think of it as practice for next month's event. Of course, if you load up the custom firmware in the meantime you won't need to re-enter anything manually.

I'm never sure why every TV in the house manages to retune automatically - and painlessly - while the Hummy can't do the same without all this rigmarole.

Well I hadn't seen this re-tune coming (not had any major issues beyond freezing during "media" navigation - solved by removing the wireless dongle, which I haven't used much - I have iPlayer etc on the TV itself too and don't stream from/to a computer), so when we switched on to watch a recording last evening up popped the re-tune box, which I ok'd (without really thinking!) and off we went. We've been fully digital for a while now, and when we first had the analogue switch-off we got channels from 3 transmitters - Crystal Palace, Oxford and (I think) Ipswich (some East anyway - we're in Bucks). Fortunately this time the box has only picked up the Oxford transmitter - but of course I lost all my recording schedule (I know, I could load custom firmware), and of course had all the channels I'd deleted from the EPG re-appeared. At least I'm forewarned of the next (17th October) one and will switch on as soon as I get home to re-tune/channel delete/add recordings (which I will have noted)!

The other way is to do nothing. No channels of any significance have had owt but a cosmetic relabelling and can continue to be watched and recorded just as before.

If you do nothing it will just go away and retune anyway unless you keep clicking on the later option in which case you will be nagged into submission.

The other way is to do nothing. No channels of any significance have had owt but a cosmetic relabelling and can continue to be watched and recorded just as before.
I haven't retuned my TV yet, Yesterday is still 12 and Dave 19. Both channels are selectable with the RC number keys and play as normal.

Ps. It does not nag.

If you do nothing it will just go away and retune anyway unless you keep clicking on the later option in which case you will be nagged into submission.
Which is why I turn off automatic retuning on all my equipment. No nags here.

Mine retuned overnight but I was annoyed to find the Fox powered on this morning even though "Power saving in standby" is still set to on. This doesn't bode well if I'm away for any length of time.
Presume (Assume?) I will have to download CF to avoid this next time?

Back