Humax 1800t - Disable Screensaver or make it completely BLACK - HELP

Turning the TV off has the disadvantage of turning the sound off - and I was listening to the radio...:roflmao:
I often turn the TV off while listening to the radio on my PVR. I will be doing so later this afternoon while I listen to the afternoon test cricket session on chase-play. But then I have had the forethought to connect a secondary audio link from the PVR to my AV amp which bypasses the TV.

One other suggestion, if you are on your PC then you could use that to listen to the radio online. For BBC radio stations you can chase-play online by up to three hours.

BTW I think the HDR-2000T can pause for longer than 2 hours. The 2 hour limit is how much of a buffer it can create when paused. After it is paused for two fours it will still stay paused but the oldest part of the buffer will be reused so that you can only go back up to a maximum of 2 hours.
That makes no sense to me. Leave the HDR-FOX paused for 2 hours and it will start playing from the paused point. What good is remaining paused when you can't resume at that point?

That makes no sense to me. Leave the HDR-FOX paused for 2 hours and it will start playing from the paused point. What good is remaining paused when you can't resume at that point?
Yes I may have remembered incorrectly.

I think you are correct for the Humax HDRs and what it does when it starts to overwrite what was previously buffered for the current channel is to unpause itself and start playing from the oldest point in the buffer. One of my other recorders use to keep the original paused image displayed, and I was thinking of that one.

One other suggestion, if you are on your PC then you could use that to listen to the radio online. For BBC radio stations you can chase-play online by up to three hours.
This is one of my pet peeves - why should I pay again to listen to BBC radio or TV by using my data allowance?
But then I have had the forethought to connect a secondary audio link from the PVR to my AV amp which bypasses the TV
My AV equipment connections already look like an accident in a spaghetti factory. Now, if only I could find the right piece of string and an extra input to the amp.

I repurposed the input on my AV amp labelled for VCR use. Which just goes to show how old my AV amp is. :D

Untangling the spaghetti is one reason putting me off replacing it with something more modern. :eek:

I only got the 1800t,( to replace my 9300 ) as when i rang Humax, they said it has a 2 Hour Pause ( 9300 didnt have this )
The 9300T does have a 2 hour live buffer, but sometimes it can get corrupted.
There are two ways of fixing a corrupt live buffer on the 9300T.

1) Wait until you are prepared to delete all the 9300T recordings and do a disk format via MENU -> Record -> HDD Control -> OK (format). The format will take a few seconds and will delete all your recordings but a fresh usable buffer will now be there to use.

2) Use 3rd party software ‘humaxrw’ to delete just the buffer. You will need to attach the 9300T's HDD to a PC to do this. When you put the hard disk back inot teh 93000T the Humax will find the buffer missing and recreate it. If the 9300T is fairly full you will need to delete a few recordings first so that the Humax has ample space to do this.

The author of humaxrw ix xyz123. In July 2009 he posted on the defunct hummy.org.uk:

“If you have a problem with the buffer I would recommend running humaxcheck first to ensure there are no cross-linked files. If there are use the truncate option to fix it.
“To delete the buffers use humaxrw’s hidden option ‘-D’. After deleting the buffers make sure there is at least 8GB free, otherwise the problem may reoccur.
“PS. Make sure you are using the latest versions of humaxrw & humaxcheck from the Wiki http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/.”
That link no longer works but Humaxrw and humaxcheck are both available from the other forum that you recently joined i.e. myhumax.org

BTW I think the HDR-2000T can pause for longer than 2 hours. The 2 hour limit is how much of a buffer it can create when paused. After it is paused for two fours it will still stay paused but the oldest part of the buffer will be reused so that you can only go back up to a maximum of 2 hours.
Here is the link to the software which among other uses can be used re-add the 2 hour buffer to the 9300T.
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw

Yes the clock is irritating. Even more irritating with my 2000T - if I go to a radio channel the screensaver and clock appear. OK. But then quite often I get flashes of the underlying MHEG page as the clock ticks over. There is no obvious way (apart from turning TV off) to get around this. Turning the TV off has the disadvantage of turning the sound off - and I was listening to the radio...:roflmao:
The point being - if there was a way to turn off the screensaver, I would have found it. There isn't!
No trumpets - :whistling:
Hi EEPhil. Having just purchased a refurb 1800T, I also have flashes of the radio channel page behind the clock (which are more irritating than the clock itself).
I contacted Humax support who said that it sounded like a fault, and exchanged my 1800T box, but it occurs on the latest box as well.
Do you think it is a fault? If so, should there be a fix ?
Also, do you know if this is common to other 1800T users?
Regards Wolf

Do you think it is a fault? If so, should there be a fix ?
Also, do you know if this is common to other 1800T users?
I don't know anything for certain - but my opinions are:
I think it is a fault. But let me clarify that. I don't think it is a hardware fault. So no amount of exchanging the boxes will help. I think it's a software (firmware) fault. It is highly unlikely that Humax will fix it - I think they've lost interest in the 1800T/2000T. But never say never.
I have no idea whether it is common to other 1800T (and 2000T) users - your experience matches mine. That's two of us!

I don't think it is a hardware fault. So no amount of exchanging the boxes will help. I think it's a software (firmware) fault. It is highly unlikely that Humax will fix it - I think they've lost interest in the 1800T/2000T. But never say never.
I have no idea whether it is common to other 1800T (and 2000T) users - your experience matches mine.
It is a stupid software fault. I bet Humax never even tested this. The T2 suffers from exactly the same thing.

I contacted Humax support who said that it sounded like a fault, and exchanged my 1800T box, but it occurs on the latest box as well.
That shows how stupid Humax support are - or how clever they are to keep a customer on-side by offering an exchange anyway.

Back