Humax Foxsat HDR with an Aerial lead

You get it from here But I would get the dish and get the basic box working first. There's an old addage that includes the words 'walk' and 'run' in that oprder:) . When you get it up and running with a dish, leave it in standby overnight and it will probably update its firmware th V xx.xx.20

The converters are not designed to do what you want to do with them. For a Foxsat HDR you need a dish. The type of connecter that you seem to have on the end of your lead is the type that they usually fit to terestrial TVs that receives anoalog (not for long) or Freeview ( as opposed to Freesat) signals from a nearby TV transmitter mast. Some TVs and aerial amplifiers etc. have the screw on 'F' type plug (that fits the type of socket that you have on the back of your Hummy) so you need a converter to convert the 'normal' TV plug into the 'satellite' type screw on plugs. Just by changing the type of plug on the end of the cable will not make the box work. As far as I know, all satellit boxes have the F type connectors, not just Sky boxes.
For your box, you need a dish with at least a dual output LNB and two co-ax feeds to the box (for full useability)
I've just moved house and have a good digital signal via my "ordinary" aerial. Yes, I realise the FOXSAT is designed for satellite reception and has worked well at my previous home, but I don't want to put in a satellite dish here. Surely it must be possible for any Humax box to be reprogrammed to receive a digital signal from a terrestial aerial rather than a satellite?

I've just moved house and have a good digital signal via my "ordinary" aerial. Yes, I realise the FOXSAT is designed for satellite reception and has worked well at my previous home, but I don't want to put in a satellite dish here. Surely it must be possible for any Humax box to be reprogrammed to receive a digital signal from a terrestial aerial rather than a satellite?

The two systems are entirely different, they use different frequencies and unlike a terrestrial system a satellite box has to control the lnb to which it's connected. Most of the boxes capability is based on large scale integrated digital circuits, usually from Broadcom, not on software you can change. Basically you must have a dish of some sort (there are discrete designs) or replace with a Freeview box.

You could reprogram it by removing its satellite tuner and installing a terrestrial tuner instead ... possibly ... not really ... only joking ...

Back