Humax greenscreen on some tvs

Mrgonuts

hi i have 2 hdr fox t2's one works fine with my tv a PHILIPS 32PFS6805 the other give a green screen but works fine on a benq monitor
the working one has this firmware version(think its a HDMI handshaking problem)

working humax.png
the green screen one has firmware

not working humax.png
i have searched for firmwares and downloaded some but cant find the version like the top image
any help is appreciated
thanks for looking

i have searched for firmwares and downloaded some but cant find the version like the top image
Four alternative loader versions, with different loader version numbers, are attached to a post in a loader discussion thread, and can still be downloaded from that post:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-3#post-159161

The reason that they were not originally added to a download page, and easier to find, was stated in a slightly earlier post in the same thread:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-2#post-116204

For what to do with a loader download see post:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-2#post-116210

Four alternative loader versions, with different loader version numbers, are attached to a post in a loader discussion thread, and can still be downloaded from that post:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-3#post-159161

The reason that they were not originally added to a download page, and easier to find, was stated in a slightly earlier post in the same thread:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-2#post-116204

For what to do with a loader download see post:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-2#post-116210
thanks ill look at all that

These "green screen" issues seem to be edge cases, and changing the loader rarely (if ever) works – occasions when it has "worked" may have been coincidence. I don't think anyone really knows what's going on, but it is suspected the DTCP negotiation is to blame: if the TV can't authenticate itself as a device incapable of recording the HDMI data, the HDR-FOX refuses to send to it (even if the content is StDef).

There is an alternative: so long as the TV has an analogue input, connect the HDR-FOX by SCART or RCA. The picture can be pretty good nonetheless.

These "green screen" issues seem to be edge cases, and changing the loader rarely (if ever) works – occasions when it has "worked" may have been coincidence. I don't think anyone really knows what's going on, but it is suspected the DTCP negotiation is to blame: if the TV can't authenticate itself as a device incapable of recording the HDMI data, the HDR-FOX refuses to send to it (even if the content is StDef).

There is an alternative: so long as the TV has an analogue input, connect the HDR-FOX by SCART or RCA. The picture can be pretty good nonetheless.
unfortunatle it only has hdmi but thanks for the reply strange how one humax works ok

I think I would caution against putting an old loader on a machine with a 12.1 MICOM.
That one is obviously a later hardware version as it came with loader a7.34, it doesn't match the usual 9.3 MICOM version and it doesn't use the usual manufacturer MAC address ranges from the vast majority of boxes.

Doing so probably won't fix the green screen and it might brick the machine totally.

I used to have an intermittent problem with green screen - seems to have now been sorted by changing my HDMI cable (fingers crossed, but no reoccurrence for 3 months and counting - I had to cut the offending cable in two to force myself to leave it in the bin :bye: )

Web interface version: 1.5.2-6
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.33
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7105976 00295
MICOM: 9.3

I frequently experienced the 'Green Screen' after start up with my Sony Bravia KD43X72K. I have no idea why it started doing it, but may have coincided with a OTA TV Firmware update.
I tried changing HDMI cables, HDMI TV input, but to no avail. Unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable after it had booted usually fixed it, but this was a pain.

In the end, I inserted an HDMI switch between the Humax and the TV, and had it powered from the rear USB port on the Humax. This seems to have either interrupted, or suppressed the DTCP negotiation, and it's been fine for 3 months now. 🤞

The model I used was;
PROZOR HDMI Audio Extractor 3 IN 1 OUT 4K@30Hz HDMI Switch with IR Remote HDMI Optical Adapter HDMI to Optical SPDIF Toslink 3.5mm L/R Audio Converter Support 5.1CH for Blu-ray DVD PS3/4 HDTV Etc

1708010835816.png

Last edited:
In the end, I inserted an HDMI switch between the Humax and the TV, and had the powered from the rear USB port on the Humax. This seems to have either interrupted, or suppressed the DTCP negotiation, and it been fine for 3 months now. 🤞
Please can you give full details of the switch and where you purchased it? Many switches don't fix the problem.

I frequently experienced the 'Green Screen' after start up with my Sony Bravia KD43X72K. I have no idea why it started doing it, but may have coincided with a OTA TV Firmware update.
I tried changing HDMI cables, HDMI TV input, but to no avail. Unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable after it had booted usually fixed it, but this was a pain.

In the end, I inserted an HDMI switch between the Humax and the TV, and had it powered from the rear USB port on the Humax. This seems to have either interrupted, or suppressed the DTCP negotiation, and it's been fine for 3 months now. 🤞
Do you have a rough idea of when you started having the green screen issues? Was it recent?

Do you have a rough idea of when you started having the green screen issues? Was it recent?
I'd say about 2 to 3 months ago, I'm pretty sure it followed a TV firmware update, as it had been running flawlessly for years before that. The TV Firmware is dated September 2023, but I don't think it downloaded until I manually checked in October/November.
I have a couple of other HDMI switches, I might dig them out and see if they also fix the problem.
Before I inserted the switch, the green screen used to flash up quite early in the boot sequence, then the picture momentarily appear, before the green screen returned. Now it only appears very briefly, as the signal to the TV is delayed, whilst the HDMI switch powers up after the Humax. Hope that makes sense.

Back