1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humaxcheck & Humaxrw needed - anyone help?

Discussion in 'PVR-9300 Freeview Recorder' started by aub9300, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Black Hole

Black Hole Usain the Whippet

Not my call!

2. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

In my case what is stopping me is that I don't know what the wishes of the author are.

3. Black Hole

So it does come down to copyright... and yet it's thought OK to pass around anonymously - I see little difference.

4. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

The author put them up for public download on (presumably) his own site. That site is now defunct and the author hasn't been seen for nearly 10 months on here.
    I think it's reasonable to assume the author no longer cares. He may even be dead. Until such time as he does care (or gets resurrected), I don't see the problem putting them somewhere else.

5. Black Hole

I agree. If the genuine author made no effort to control the circulation, it is reasonable to assume these utilities are freeware and they can be hosted properly unless and until the author complains. Please note that, as I have no personal interest in these utilities, I have no knowledge of their origins.

6. BMAX

BMAX Member

Has anyone tried contacting him?

7. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Yes, including via a personal email address I have for him, but no response.

8. Black Hole

9. BMAX

BMAX Member

Yup.

10. Captain_Janeway

Captain_Janeway New Member

Sorry to be a pain guys, I also need: humaxcheck and humaxdiag to try and rescue my PVR-9300T; again can't find on the web anywhere current.
    Seems the wiki has been abandoned as they now have to pay $50/annum fees.

Files can be emailed to [removed for security]
    Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

Email sent.

Captain_Janeway likes this.
  12. Captain_Janeway

Captain_Janeway New Member

Thank you Martin.
    So glad I found this helpful forum

13. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

Hi ppl! another pain in the but here..... please can someone send me humaxcheck & diag to lapsednun@gma*l.com

ta muchly!!

14. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

ps! Once I have them, assuming no-one objects, I'll host them and provide a link!

15. raydon

raydon Well-Known Member

16. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

Hi Raydon thanks - I've already been there! I need humaxcheck as my disk may have been initialised by windows - disk management sees it as a basic disk although "My Computer" doesn't see it. humaxrw tells me there's no partition information.

17. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

It won't unless you have created partitions and assigned drive letters. Just initialising it is not enough.
    Obviously initialising it is enough to stop humaxrw working.

18. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

ok... so I still need humaxcheck that doesn't appear to be on the myhumax.org site?

19. ndj1971

ndj1971 New Member

Sorry to join the list here but I too am in desperate need of humaxdiag & humaxcheck as my 9300 has thrown a wobbly.. I'd be most grateful if someone could mail them to me at..

corksupper <at> hotmail.com

Cheers everyone.

Nick.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  20. russ

russ New Member

Hello - another newbie here...
    Sorry to be a pain, I also need: humaxcheck and humaxdiag and again can't find on the web anywhere current.

please email to russab2001 <at> gmail.com