Humaxcheck & Humaxrw needed - anyone help?

Hi, I too would be really grateful if the humaxcheck and humaxdiag programs could be emailed to: waitingformojo [at] gmail . com

Thanks.

Joe

anyone reading this with a copy please be kind and contact me /pm
ideally looking for hummyreadfiles094 or humaxrw
thanks

anyone reading this with a copy please be kind and contact me /pm
ideally looking for hummyreadfiles094 or humaxrw
thanks

Sent you a download link to humaxrw and my front end for it on Wednesday. Cheers.

Edit: I still have hummyreadfiles094 too.

Edit2: Looks like I might have sent you the link for an old version :) I've removed it, just download from the post below. Cheers.

Last edited:
If registered at myhumax.org the following are also available from there:

Humaxrw v1.15 windows32:
Humaxrw v1.15 Linux:
Humaxcheck 0.10 windows32:
From the bottom of post https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw

Humaxrw GUI front end:
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw-gui-front-end-1

HummyReadFiles094 :
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hummyreadfiles

For masochists only Media eLinker v2.1:
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/media-elinker-0414
(The latest version is v2.7 which worked more often than previous versions but was still prone to failure.)

Last edited:
Nice one Luke. Presumably one needs to be logged in to avoid the 'restricted' message for download? (I'll try later, just posing the question so others know).

Also, since Snibble woke me from my Humax slumber, I've now found my old 9300T in a box, so if anyone needs the front-end updated our improved then I can still do that (and test it)

Cheers

Presumably one needs to be logged in to avoid the 'restricted' message for download? (I'll try later, just posing the question so others know).
You presume correctly.

That is humaxrw 1.14 for windows. If anyone prefers not to register at myhumax.org for their 1.15 download but use Trev's copy, the differences in 1.15 are:
  • Added -Z option to delete 'epgsave.dat'
  • Added -D option to help listing
  • (ts2hrw) Improved handling of corrupt ts files

Last edited:
You presume correctly.

That is humaxrw 1.14 for windows. If anyone prefers not to register at myhumax.org for their 1.15 download but use Trev's copy, the differences in 1.15 are:
  • Added -Z option to delete 'epgsave.dat'
  • Added -D option to help listing
  • (ts2hrw) Improved handling of corrupt ts files
thanks for all replies
I have Trev's copy now and have a promise from Astronomy of his versions, pending his granting access to me via drive
the issue with myhumax.org remains one of non administration so non members cannot join whether they 'prefer' to or not.
thanks Luke for highlighting the differences nonetheless.
When I get permissioned for Astronomys files I will hopefully extract what I want to save and report my success or otherwise here

thanks for all replies
I have Trev's copy now and have a promise from Astronomy of his versions, pending his granting access to me via drive
the issue with myhumax.org remains one of non administration so non members cannot join whether they 'prefer' to or not.
thanks Luke for highlighting the differences nonetheless.
When I get permissioned for Astronomys files I will hopefully extract what I want to save and report my success or otherwise here

I joined at the weekend and authorisation email was 2 minutes after.

Anyway, I've sent a link to the drive, you shouldn't need permission. I think you received that message because I had deleted the file. In the old link I realised I'd given you what would have been version 2.0 (had I not stopped before it was finished), so it didn't work. New link has the working v1.01.

Good luck.

Cheers.

just to say thanks again to all, I now have a new 500gb HDD in my 9300t and have also downloaded 156 .ts files/recordings to a 2TB external portable drive that i can watch on my laptop, from my satellite box and by plugging straight into the USB socket on my tv. Efffectively a new PVR and a much more useable collection of films, sport and recordings that I was surprised to see dated as far back as 2009! The GUI from Astronomy made it a piece of cake and it was a pleasure to use it on an old Windows XP laptop, just remember to be logged on as administrator - like I didn't- or the list of files will not show when the disk is connected.

Hi, I would like to recover recordings from my defunct 9300T WD hdd and have attempted to download Humaxrw but the file won't open on the computer. It's running Windows 10 Home 64-bit could this be the reason? Any help will be greatly appreciated, to say I'm an enthusiastic amateur would be exaggerating my competence. Thanks

Hi, I would like to recover recordings from my defunct 9300T WD hdd and have attempted to download Humaxrw but the file won't open on the computer. It's running Windows 10 Home 64-bit could this be the reason? Any help will be greatly appreciated, to say I'm an enthusiastic amateur would be exaggerating my competence. Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean by "open". You open a command prompt, using administrator privileges, and from there run humaxrw.

If that is the reason why you can't "Open" it then you may find it easier to use the frontend interface mentioned in earlier posts on this thread.

Hi, I would like to recover recordings from my defunct 9300T WD hdd and have attempted to download Humaxrw but the file won't open on the computer. It's running Windows 10 Home 64-bit could this be the reason?
Talk us through exactly what you have done. The most common problem is that users try and just click on the executable. This won't work because it is a command line executable so you need to open a command prompt or power shell and type in the path and name.

Thank you for your replies. I’ve downloaded the zip file and tried to open it as a a normal file, which I think is what Martin has said won’t work. I know this will sound daft but what path and name do I use after the command prompt?

You don't 'open' zip files. You unzip them and then use the contents. In this case, the 'contents' are a command line executable.

The zip file needs to be un-zipped, when you have done that you have a file (or files), one of which ends in .exe, eg. program.exe, if you create a temporary folder e.g. C:/temp and put the zip file into it, then you need to unzip this file, (probably using a Windows based program such as winzip). When you have a *.exe file you then open a command window, e.g. run >> cmd and cd C:/temp and run the command program by typing it's name

probably using a Windows based program such as winzip
Modern versions of Windows will unzip a file without needing any third party component.
When you have a *.exe file you then open a command window, e.g. run >> cmd and cd C:/temp and run the command program by typing it's name
If it is Windows 10 it is likely to be Power Shell in which case after the cd C:\Temp you need .\humaxrw (that is dot backslash humaxrw). It doesn't work without the .\

Back