Hummy Arms Word Game v4.0

Well, actually (Trev), I've just realised (slow or what!!!) you can... you just have to work from the second last:

Residue
+4 = 19

Bugger! That's a dropped catch.

resin
+4 = 20

(Not sure this game is going to work if we allow people to go back to the previous word and just change the last letter...)

I think this shows how hard it is to devise a set of rules without loopholes. Someone will always find a way round almost anything. Just like real life.

It's just a "feature" (cough). Maybe Trev will join in now!

The point is that it is easier to break out of a dead-end, because you have a much wider choice for the succession. When the game settles down I anticipate players will start to concentrate on looking for the high-scoring moves, but the next-player-but-one will have the facility of riding on the coat tails if the play can be pluralised (or de-pluralised, or other change of tense).

Well, actually, I can't be assed to try to understand the rules
Miser :):roflmao::frantic:Blx. BH posted whilst I was cogitating
Snags. Can't be assed with the scoring.

Last edited:
Simultaneous play rule added:
  • A player may retract within the post edit window (ie no "last edited" flag) provided no successive post relies on it, by appending the play with "(retracted)". The only legitimate reason for doing this is a simultaneous post, where the post that got in first changed the state of play thus invalidating the play (and by leaving play in the post we can see that it related to the previous state of play).

...or what Trev did! :rolling:

General Relativity or Special Relativity? Special Relativity is quite easy: it derives from the consequences of assuming the speed of light is constant for all observers, regardless of their relative velocities, and then verifying that the predicted consequences correspond with what is observed in reality. General Relativity assumes that gravitation is actually a field throughout space that is distorted by mass and causes accelerations on bodies within it (including light).

:p

Last edited:
Back