Hummy.tv sometimes complains that Adblock Plus is active

Seems to work:

Click forum name top right, then: Personal Details >> Custom Title >> Save Changes

"Forum Pedant" - I misread that as Forum Pendant, and I thought of that apocryphal story regarding the election of a new Pope - “Testiculos habit et bene pendents!” :). Must get some new glasses!:o_O:

"Forum Pedant" - I misread that as Forum Pendant, and I thought of that apocryphal story regarding the election of a new Pope - “Testiculos habit et bene pendents!” :). Must get some new glasses!:o_O:
I hope that inspecting the 'pendants' does not become a condition of membership! I'm OK with a tenner a year but there are limits :eek:

Is having the 'Forum Supporter' 'rank' so that us peeps who contribute can shame those who don't by weeding out the cheapskates?:eek: I would prefer just to have the facility rather than trumpet it far and wide that I shove you a bob or two every now and again.
The cheapskates (yes I am looking at myself), will be the only people who receive the ads in this new model. If ad revenue is also contributing to forum upkeep, then you still need some of us cheepskates, unless the aim is to fund upkeep entirely from subscriptions.

Considering the banner proclaiming I am using an AdBlocker uses up less screen estate and is less in my face than the ads it is blocking would be I see no incentive to change.

Could somebody please confirm that my eyesight isn't completely knackered. I'm sure BH has changed his title again.
BHpendant.png

The Adblock reminder banner has recently been appearing with every page load or refresh, so I have blocked it with Adblock Plus.

Is having the 'Forum Supporter' 'rank' so that us peeps who contribute can shame those who don't by weeding out the cheapskates?:eek: I would prefer just to have the facility rather than trumpet it far and wide that I shove you a bob or two every now and again.

Second sentence agreed.

" I am not a cheapskate, I am a member!" (With apologies to The Prisoner). It seems wrong that members who have contributed over the past year or so should be perceived as such.

It was a joke Rob. But you will notice that I have changed my 'Rank' to 'Well-Known Member' to 'hide' my bountiful generosity (perhaps a bit of an exaggeration in that statement) but still have the ads removed etc.:)

Sure Trev, I understand, but a lot of members may take the 'cheapskate' comment as it reads.
I use Firefox private browsing which eliminates the ads, therefore I effectively pay for no ads, which is my preference.

Should be fixed now.
Thanks, I have removed the AdBlock filters that I used to block the banner. My AdBlock Plus status is now showing 0 ads to block, but Ghostery is still showing 4 Trackers being blocked on this page. Can these also be removed for forum supporters?

Back