Installing custom firmware on HDR-1800T current software version UKTFAC01.01.20

WhyNine

New Member
My Humax is showing that I have software UKTFAC1.01.20 installed in 2018. I want to install the custom firmware to have additional functionality. I did this a while ago on a previous version of the box (which broke :cry:).

I have tried following the instructions at https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/quick-start-guide.1301/#post-26066 and https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/problem-connecting-to-humax-portal.681/page-3#post-8876 with 3 different USB sticks but nothing seems to work.

What is odd is that the software versions listed at https //wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads bear no resemblance to the version reported on my Humax. Is that significant or is there some other reason why I can't load the custom firmware?

Any help appreciated.
 
What model is your HUMAX hardware?
Custom firmware can only be installed on the HDR FOX T2 and HD FOX T2 models- None of the many other Humax PVRs can support it
My guess is you have a 2000T model
 
There is no custom firmware for your HDR-1800T.

Custom firmware for the HDR-FOX T2 is for the HDR-FOX T2 only.
 
If you wanted to take advantage of the unprotect functions of the Custom firmware then FOXY can still be used . It is not as convenient as having the custom firmware installed but does work on the HDR-1800T and HDR-2000T.
 
What is odd is that the software versions listed at https //wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads bear no resemblance to the version reported on my Humax.
The Model Name is HDR-1800T.
What is it of this you didn't understand (from the thread you quoted)?:
Custom Firmware only applies to HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2. There is a separate development for FOXSAT-HDR (see https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat-hdr-customised-firmware.38/).
HDR-FOXes can still be acquired on the second-hand market.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top