Interesting Items...

the good guys were always shown riding left to right across the screen and the bad guys were shown riding right to left. ;)
If thyey didn't do that, they would never meet up. Bit of a shame if the goodies were chasing the baddies though.

24darcy-volkswagenjpg-82692bf8360cc344.jpg

Satisfied?

Mildly amusing (to me anyway) that a German exhaust pipe is an auspuff*, and a motorway entrance is an einfahrt.(exit - ausfahrt).

*and not Das Spitzenpoppenbangentuben - as stated on a page of "common market motoring terms" contained within a book I have.

This was a reference to an old argument! Us traditionalists would prefer not to capitalise the first letter of every word in "title" case, but Word doesn't appear to offer that option in the format case menu, so lazy buggers who rely on Word for all their spelling and grammar will automatically get it wrong (because Word does - title case just capitalises the initial letter of every word in the selection). I would call Word's menu option "Initial Capitals" (which ain't the same as "title case").

To be honest, it's hard to see how (simple) AI could get it right - the correct words to have or not have an initial capital very much depend on the context.

Meanwhile, don't take a government web site as definitive - they're just dumbing down.

That's fine, as long as anyone with a need to use "MoT" in public has had that programmed into their copies of Word! (You don't expect them to do it for themselves, Shirley?)

And that makes the blue triangle slightly bigger than the area it is required to fit, so it won't all fit together. The height of the blue triangle is exactly 2 units and the space that it occupies finally is slightly less than two units high. The hypotenuse of the second triangle is also straight.

Back