Interesting Items...

I gather they want to stay together and have special dispensation to do so. No kids though!

I'm sure most sensationalist "news" stories will be false in some way or another. National Enquirer, anybody?

I wonder where they are getting the money for an expensive military? I am not aware of North Korea having enormous export capability.

Did you see that night time pic of the world at night. If you look closely, you can see S Korea all lit up and almost complete darkness in N Korea. It's 32 seconds into the video on THIS page.

How do you get meaningful tax out of the impoverished?
You don't tax them, just don't let them have much to start with. That is a massive virtual tax burden. The state controls everything. Just imagine that in this country, but cut the average wage to £10,000 and spend the rest on the military.

Make all the stuff and don't pay the workers. That way it makes manufacturing very cheap, especially if you can get the raw materials using a similar process.

Hang on. Are you saying they can make all that military hardware from indigenous natural materials? Or are they making stuff and selling it abroad to be able to buy materials/equipment? No amount of paying-the-workers-a-pittance is going to generate foreign exchange.

They have ample coal and iron reserves, Magnox reactors, plus trade with China, so, yes.

"Airport duty-free prices not always cheapest, says Which?"
Substituting "never" for "not always" would be more accurate.

Back