Interesting Items...

Other than short stop is akin to silly mid on, a really stupid place to field, the short stop has priority for infield catches and can call the other players off. "My ball", or similar.

Throughout my life baseball and American football have featured in many cartoon strips, films and TV series, both as game footage and in conversations between characters. It must amount to several hours of exposure, but I still don't understand either game beyond the basic hitting or carrying the ball to somewhere else. Maybe I should add learning the rules for these games to my bucket list so as to better enjoy these programmes in my final years.

Or maybe not.

Other than short stop is akin to silly mid on, a really stupid place to field, the short stop has priority for infield catches and can call the other players off. "My ball", or similar.
Google Translate marked that as gibberish.

But given the choice, would you go for the 'purer driving experience' or the Lambo? No competition with me, providing it has rear fog light(s).:)

Given that karting is a pastime of mine then the former every time. I run a remarkably old and sluggish car on the road which I tend to drive as if there were full course, double-waved yellow flags. Even so the tracker on the van I drive for work always marks me down for harsh braking and cornering even though it feels smooth to me and the engine rev limits and the fuel economy are marked as top class.

Even so the tracker on the van I drive for work always marks me down for harsh braking and cornering even though it feels smooth to me and the engine rev limits and the fuel economy are marked as top class.
It's probably a management ploy to make everyone look bad. It enables them to get rid of you more easily for any other minor transgression, should they so choose. If it's not that, then it's incompetence in getting the settings configured properly.

<gomezz drives his van like a go kart>:laugh:

STAY OFF THE PAVEMENTS!

Last edited by a moderator:
The LTEE project has been running for over 29 years. It is studying evolution in E. coli, and goes through about 3 generations per hour in 12 originally identical strains. It has already spawned 75 research papers and produced some stunning and unexpected results.

http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/index.html

Three quarters of a million generations, and still going! Eat your heart out, Gould.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is odd that this is allowed, and yet something as little as a twig protruding from your garden over the pavement provokes a rapid response from the council, and warnings of fines for obstructing pedestrians.

I see that tomorrow evening, the night of the election, at 9pm ITV are showing an episode of Car Crash Britain. Probably the most appropriately titled programme of the day :)

It will be if JC gets in with a coalition of terror. What with softy pants JC (backed by the unions) and the iron lady of Scotland (otherwise known as the wee lassie in the tin helmet), who wants to both leave the UK AND have a say in how the UK negotiates our leaving of the EU. Talk about having cake and eating it. Not quite certain what she wants.

Not quite certain what she wants.
She wants to make a name for herself at all costs. Just like the bloke before her. He tried it and lost. It's tough at the top - one problem and that's it. A bit like being a male lion or similar.

Back