Interesting Items...

coalition of terror.
That's a new one. What with "Strong and Stable" (or is that "Weak and Wobbly"), "Coalition of Chaos" (Trev's "Coalition of Terror")...
A plague on all their houses. I think the correct term for all the politicians (all parties) comes from something said on HIGNFY once by Miles Jupp - "Bowl of Bollocks". Now I must go out and vote...
Car Crash Britain.
:roflmao: What (un)fortunate timing!

Twitter feed is OK once you dismiss the sign up page. The Facebook one stays, covering about a third of the screen, but you can get rid of it with AdBlock

Twitter feed is OK once you dismiss the sign up page. The Facebook one stays, covering about a third of the screen, but you can get rid of it with AdBlock
I think Mike0001's point is you can't add a TwitFace message without signing up. But, as you say, it is possible to read them.

To tell the twerps at PCW that you don't want to sign up to third party webshite to leave them a message. :D

Mars has a hole in it!

pia21636.jpg

More here.

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/jpl/pia21636/a-south-polar-pit-or-an-impact-crater

I can explain that. For astronomical photos it is always necessary to clarify whether a view is north up (as would be seen by naked eye from the northern hemisphere) or south up (as would be seen through an inverting telescope) or some other orientation. I doubt the pit is actually on the south pole, just near it.

I think Trev's point was that at the South Pole, so called, the North Pole is straight down, or, alternatively, off in any direction along a great circle.

Is there not a cartographical convention that at the South Pole nominal North is taken as being along the Prime Meridian?

Which way is south at the South Pole? No need to answer, it's a nonsense question.

And where are the East and West Poles?

Back