Interesting Items...

I think it should read -50 to +125 °C. How somebody came to stick in an extra zero is a mystery, although it may be deliberate to get attention (like the shops with deliberate mistakes in their signs knowing that some people will go in to point it out).

Would it not become a superconductor long before then and not really need the gold plating?
Well, if we ignore the fact that -500°C is not achievable, are you sure a Be-Cu alloy is capable of becoming a superconductor? Not all conductive materials have zero resistance at 0K (and who knows what happens at negative K!). The gold plating isn't directly there for its conductive properties - it is there for its resistance to oxidation, and therefore to maintain a clean contact.

Last edited:
Well, if we ignore the fact that -500°C is not achievable, are you sure a Be-Cu alloy is capable of becoming a superconductor? Not all conductive materials have zero resistance at 0K (and who knows what happens at negative K!).
No, not sure at all, but it's possible that it would at -500. (again ignoring the fact....):roflmao:
The gold plating isn't directly there for its conductive properties - it is there for its resistance to oxidation, and therefore to maintain a clean contact.
Yes, but the BeCu would melt before the gold leaving no substrate for the gold to be plated on to.:roflmao:

Tinned beer - yeuch!
Give me a good bottled beer instead.
Oh, I forgot, I'm an engineer not a physicist, so it isn't meant for me. :cheers:

Wonder what size pic is possible and how ling the battery lasts.
"The projector offers a resolution of 4K UHD 3,840 x 2,160 at 60 FPS, and brightness of 1,500 ANSI Lumens, while delivering a projection size of between 32 in (81 cm) and 360 in (914 cm) from a distance range of 2.6 ft (0.8 m) to 29.5 ft (9 m). The battery module also delivers up to eight hours battery life off a single charge"
https://newatlas.com/n-tech-4k-portable-wireless-projector-indiegogo/53316/

Some other specs here
https://www.itsagadget.com/2018/02/n-tech-4k-projector.html

Back