Interesting Items...

Pill invented to make your farts smell like roses or chocolate.

Check out the unique gifts in my link, for some very interesting items sure to give you a chuckle.

Parked for future reference (heard about it on a Radio 4 programme recently):

We know about 2-part epoxy putty, very handy for moulding or repairing solid parts but it sets rock hard. What if you want something which sets but remains flexible?

http://sugru.com

Custom cable strain relief, anybody? The drawback is that it air-cures, so once a pack is opened you have to use it or lose it (but maybe it would store in a freezer).
I was mooching around a (very big) Tesco last night, and found this reduced to £3 to clear. Surely Sugru by another name!

1570176323259.jpeg

Stumbled on this (do I smell essence of snake?!):
( Wednesday, October 23, 2019) - - In the last episode of the well-known investment show, in which 5 jury members compete for the best start-up deals, all 5 "dragons" were determined to close the deal and fought a wild bidding battle.

When TV technician Mark K. "stumbled" into the show, he didn't make a good first impression and some of the dragons couldn't suppress a smile - but when he presented his product, the smiles quickly disappeared from their faces.

In recent years, as a television technician, he couldn't help but notice the ever-increasing cost of TV reception and how frustrating overpriced cable TV bills and subscription services can be.

TV viewers pay for cable, Netflix, movies and sports on demand ... it soon adds up.

And then they need all the hardware, of course - receivers, AppleTV, Fire Sticks, DVD players and often expensive Smart TVs.

It's not surprising that more and more people are looking for cheaper, simpler solutions to save on their cable bills and get rid of all that hardware.

Mark developed a product called "DigitalHDS" that seems a little unusual at first glance, but allows viewers to watch HDTV for free! The product consists of a new super-antenna that receives over-the-air TV signals that no other antenna picks up. The antenna allows you to watch over 100 channels, completely legally and free of charge. The DigitalHDS antenna uses military technology and a discreet modern "mud flap" design that makes it the most reliable and technologically-advanced antenna available today. There is one essential difference - it allows you to watch almost any channel, movie or show for free. No subscriptions are required and it's completely legal.

BUT HOW EXACTLY DOES IT WORK?

It's simple! Simply connect DigitalHDS to any TV or monitor that you own. All the necessary cables are supplied with the antenna. Simply press the power switch and you're done. Seriously, it takes literally 10 seconds before you can watch anything you want.

But how is it possible to watch television for free? The underlying secret is a law that no cable company in the world wants you to know: every cable company has to broadcast an over-the-air signal in addition to the normal signal. In order to avoid breaking the law, the cable companies do broadcast an over-the-air signal, but at such a low frequency that almost no antennas receive it. Until now that is - DigitalHDS has changed everything.

"In order to avoid breaking the law, the cable companies do broadcast an over-the-air signal, but at such a low frequency that almost no antennas receive it." Yeah, right.

I rather like the explanation of exactly how it works as a prime example of non-explanation.
I wonder if it is stray radiation from their cables (but somehow doubt it).

In order to avoid breaking the law, the cable companies do broadcast an over-the-air signal,
It's complete and utter bullshit aimed at stupid Americans. It certainly doesn't apply in the UK. This has been doing the rounds recently.

I wonder if they tell you what you are supposed to point your ' super-antenna' at, is it your local terrestrial TV transmitter?, the back of next door's TV? or what? :)

Stumbled on this (do I smell essence of snake?!):
Yes, and as prpr says you might smell cow deposit as well.
If it does work and you're picking up stray signals from other equipment I doubt that that is legal. If it uses military technology it's likely to be covered by the Offical Secrets Act. Seriously, it takes literally 10 seconds before you can watch anything you want. And why does literally everybody have to use the term literally all the flaming time. I'm literally fed up with it. :rolleyes:

We know about 2-part epoxy putty, very handy for moulding or repairing solid parts but it sets rock hard.
I missed that. Wonder if it would have been any good for repairing a bust knob on the gas cooker. I've had to resort to some Gorilla epoxy - in two conjoined hypos.

If you want to fill a space in something hard and inflexible, epoxy putty is the best bet so long as the material is compatible (not much sticks to polyethylene). Milliput is recommended for quality, and comes in a variety of colours (pure white is good for porcelain), but for lesser jobs the cheap shops often have a basic epoxy putty.

I don't remember anyone implying BH was taken in by the crap. I'm sure we were just commenting on the crap.
I acknowledge that may not have been the intention, but as is so often the case in writing it is possible to read in the connotation.

I acknowledge that may not have been the intention, but as is so often the case in writing it is possible to read in the connotation.
I would have thought your comment
do I smell essence of snake?!
would have been enough to determine your view of the device. Therefore, knowing that you thought it was all BS it should have been obvious what the comments were about. Obviously not. :laugh:

Really good video, here is a useful Aldi knock-off of a Dremel tool (£17) that would help with the shaping (grinding / sanding):-

Aldi-D.jpg

If there is indeed no chemical reaction it should also work with powdered poster paint allowing you to colour match a visible repair.

I suspect there is (a chemical reaction) - that superglue went off very fast once the bicarb was added to it.

Back