Interesting Items...

A very interesting read. Thank you BH.
It does really beggar belief that an intentional uncontrolled re-entry of something of this size/mass can be allowed.
The odds my be low of debris landing in a populated area, but sooner or later if this continues, someone will get killed.

It demonstrates the Chinese don't really care a stuff about anyone else, so long as the trajectory goes nowhere near their interests.

I'm sure there are international conventions on re-entry protocols, but (short of trade embargoes or war) very few means to enforce them.

OK, we're safe!
So it seems. Just hope the data presented on the site they used to produce the graphic is of a higher quality than the site itself. I could only see half the world. From that view either the sea or Africa could become a scrap yard.

OK, we're safe!
We knew that when it was launched. It's a 42° orbit.

(Apparently the Russians asked them if they would make it nearer 50, so if they had a collaboration on the station in the future they (Russia) would be able to reach it more easily as their manned launch spaceport is further north.
But it seems the Chinese don't want to play with anyone else at all. :( )

You didn't like the nuclear waste batteries but maybe a magnet bigger than Wile Coyote's Acme one will fair better.
At 10 tonnes it certainly is ground breaking - if they drop it. Will they really get more energy out than the large amount they’ll put in?
Interesting, but is it feasible?

Just completed an online survey connected to something I signed up to participate in. One section asked for "The first four letters of your Postcode".
As my postcode does contain four letters that's what I entered.
It may not have been what they wanted but it's what they asked for.
[Just realised I posted in the wrong place. Sorry.]

Last edited:
"The inventor of the glue used on Post-It notes has died".

Question: how do you permanently apply deliberately non-permanent glue to the Post-It in the first place?

So far as I know, the surface the Teflon is applied to is made rough so that the Teflon is mechanically locked into it. The early non-stick pans didn't last well.

Back