Invalid postcode

Sorry but when I go into menu on the humax for tv set up I cant click on the sat dish, nothing happens because it is not high lighted, the other 3 are.
Sorry that should have been EchoStar. I was on the wrong track!
Surely if it was a direction issue my other 3 sets which are run off the same dish would be having a problem!
Can anybody tell me how to get that sat dish thingy back to life. Praying, tried it!

William.

OK, let's assume that your dish is aligned correctly as your other boxes work.
1. Has the Hummy ever worked whilst connected to your dish?
2. How many feeds from the dish are connected to the Hummy 1 or 2?
3. Which socket(s) on the back of the Hummy is it/they plugged into?
4. Has that/those feeders worked on your other boxes?
If you can select the bottom 'System' menu, then select it and chose 'Dagnostics'. Click OK. It should come up with a screen with Brand name, Model Name etc., with the two tuner quality and strength bars at the bottom..
5. Do you get any signal strength/quality reading on either of the tuners?

So at the moment, you can't get into the Setup menu? So that precludes doing a factory reset anyway, unless someone knows how to force one on startup?
You have switched it off at the wall, waited a few mins then switched it back on again haven't you?
A factory reset will not loose your recordings, but you will lose any schedules and your other settings.

Thanks Trev. Yes I have pulled mains plug out a couple of times the last couple of days. Ive just done it again and hey presto I have Settings and I can now get into the Set up so ready to go again. I notice now that I unplugged the Humax the screen comes on Notice. No channels are currently available. Prees OK to search for Channels. Set up comes on when use OK. I did have a manual set up I did earlier on with 4 figures like 5000 etc. Programs all over the place.
I will now try one or two things that have been suggested and report back. Will also consider a
factory reset. I will answer your questions if necessary later.
Thanks again for all suggestions.

Now you can get into the setup menu, the very first thing to try is the 11427H 27500 2/3. signal strength (remember it might be 11428 on your box). There is so much that depends on this transponder (postcode database, EPG etc). You need to get a good signal on that one before you do anything much else. When you have got a good signal on that channel, the freesat tune should then work OK and you will get the channel numbers/programmes that you know and love back. If you don't have a good signal on 11427, you won't.

I put in the 11427h 27500 h. Nothing. There is no 11428 so I tried 11426 27500 2/3. It said 9 found so when I put it in all the ones I had put in previously
when I did an all came up. Its possible that they came back again after I lost them when I took the plug out. The same prog have the same numbers
bbc 1 5063 bbc 2 5064 and so on. Cant see any HDs .Guess I wont. Could be that they are Freeview,
Perhaps I should do a factory reset. I feel sure my dish is OK. Ive tried a Eurostar and that's fine.
What next please.

OK. As GLT said, you will get one OR the other, not both 11427 AND 11428. It depends on the number rounding in your box. If you have no signal strength or quality on 11427, you are not receiving the freeview transponder from 28.5E. I suspect most of the channels that you are getting is from the other SATs at 28.2E.
You could try a factory reset, but I'm not holding my breath that it will work.
Can you try a different feeder(s) from your dish? It might just be a dodgy cable or one of the channels has gone down on your LNB. I still strongly suspect that your dish needs nudging a bit to the east, but try the other alternatives first.

Oh dear Now factory reset want a password or something to continue. 4 spaces. Should I have one.
If its in my head I haven't !

Just read in the manual that the default is 4 os Can get the first 3 in but not the 4th o
"My wife just said put it in the dustbin I'm fed up with playing second fiddle to a Human or what ever you call it" !

That is four zeros, not 4 'o's:D. Exactly what happens? Does it move to the fourth place but pressing zero does not register?

Oh boy. All back to normal Wonderful moment. I put 1111 in for the password and it worked Trev. Media is OK.
Many many thanks to you all especially Trev. Expect we will meet again. ( I wont repeat what you have just said Trev )
All's well that ends well!
William

Does that mean that you were able to put in the postcode and now you have the freesat channels starting at 101?

Yes Trev Yes they asked for the postcodes as usual and at last I was able to put it in and it was accepted. All completed in it seemed about 4 minutes and it was back to normal..
HD fine . I had tried putting the os in and not the figure 0 so not sure why the 1s worked.
A job well done.. Now I can carry on with the gale damage!!!! I know which Ide prefer.

I'm pleased for you that I was wrong about dish alignment. I don't like ladders and I'm only 74 :hug:
Don't forget to put the 1111 password in the manual for future reference (unless it's been reset to 0000)

@4291. You noticed. (But I can walk on water!) * I had a vision last night and suddenly remembered that I was only 72 but couldn't be assed to change my post.
@GLT Your time will come

*Providing it is no deeper than about 3 inches.

Trev not anything to do with my humax but would you happen to know how I can get bbci player and also itv player on my LG smart TV Had it some time but
if I go to the 900 and something number I get no signal. Do I need a telephone line? or something. humax fine
Bill

Back