Invalid postcode

Yes. You need to connect the Hummy (or any catchup TV device) to the internet for catchup TV. The Hummy only does BBC iplayer and ITV player, not 4OD etc.

Catchup TV or IPTV as it is also called such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD etc., arrives on your device via the internet. You don't 'cache' the internet. You must have a internet enabled device such as the Hummy or your smart TV. You also pretty much need an unlimited broadband connection of better than about 2Meg from your ISP as IPTV uses a LOT of data.
Your Hummy/TV then needs to be connected to your broadband connection, easiest is by Cat5 cable or those mains plug thingies.
Once connected, on the Hummy, for BBC iPlayer you tune it to BBC1 then press the red button. If you have the required internet connection to the Hummy, one of the options in the dropdown is iPlayer. Select it and wait for it to appear. If it's not there you don't have an internet connection. If you do have an internet connection, go to CH 903 to get ITV player. (it takes a few seconds to come up).
To check that the Hummy has an internet connection, select Menu ~ System ~ Network. You should have a number such as 192.168.1.24 in the IP Address, 255.255.255.0 in the Subset Mask, 192.168.1.1 in the Router Address, something like 192.72.240.0 in the DNS Address and a group of alphanumeric characters like xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx which is the MAC address of your Hummy on your network. Your addresses will probably be different to mine depending on your router., but are most likely to start with 192.168 etc. If you have nothing in the aforementioned fields, you do not have an internet connection to your Hummy and IPTV will not work.

The TV needs to be connected to your home network. Catch up services use the internet. If your Humax works it must have your lan connected.

Thanks both. I presume a network cable goes in the back of the Humax and the other end the hub I have next to my computer.
No numbers on that list you gave me only the last one. That would be expected I guess.!
So all I have to do is find a cable . I'm sure I have one.
" it must have a lan" Give me a clue please. I know Mary had a little one! Oh sorry that was a lamb!
Its my 4th childhood.

I presume a network cable goes in the back of the Humax and the other end the hub I have next to my computer.
Correct
No numbers on that list you gave me only the last one. That would be expected I guess.!
Correct. No LAN, no addresses
So all I have to do is find a cable . I'm sure I have one.
" it must have a lan"
Correct. LAN=Local Area Network. Centred on your hub as the LAN controller and Internet connection.
You will need another one if you want IPTV on your TV as well.

I had a cable but bought a new one as I felt it was faulty.
Success this morning with BBC I player but not ITV player. Just get no or bad signal. Anyway I can get round this please.
Happy just with BBC if not.

Can you actually play catch-up programmes on BBC iPlayer?
I assume that you get the 'no or bad signal' when you try to go to CH 903?

Yes BBC I player comes up great. Did what you told me!
Yes "no or bad signal" on 903.
incidentally the cable I said was faulty was quite thin compered with the one I bought
so was probably meant for something else.

Network cables only usually need 4 connections of the eight available. Some cable makers only wire up the four that are requited so the cable tends to be thinner.
As for no signal on 903, I'm not certain. Do you get a good signal/quality on other channels?

Open question: which bird is 903 on?

Yes a very good signal

Just asked my "secretary" she told me to go fly a "kite" I replied its only a "lark" I'm not "duck"ing the question
but I cant "crow" that I know the answer.
"weebill"

Yes a very good signal

Just asked my "secretary" she told me to go fly a "kite" I replied its only a "lark" I'm not "duck"ing the question
but I cant "crow" that I know the answer.
"weebill"

(Swallows hard)
Let's have a chat about that. Owl arrange a time. Guan, make my day, coot you? I'll give you a ruff time with all these bird puns!

Nene more anyone knows of? Wry,Bill, you certainly started something here!

Back