itv player unable to locate content

cliffg

I haven't been able to get itvplayer to play anything for about a week now. It starts up ok and I am able to select a program but when I press OK to play the program it displays 'starting program' for about 30 secs and then comes up with a message 'The service was unable to locate the content, press Back to return, press Exit to restart (50060).
My neighbour has just installed a new Foxsat HDR and he is getting the same message.
Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Just tried mine and have the same problem, I have not used it for a couple of weeks so have no idea when this issue started.

Just tried it now: "Unable to find content". Which is strange as ITV Player on my laptop can find and play content just fine.

My guess is ITV have tweaked something their end which has upset the Foxsat.

Same on mine - The Service was unable to locate the content. Press BACK to return. Press EXIT to restart (50060). Going to try using PS3.

EDIT - Working on PS3.

I emailed Freesat this morning and had the following reply:

Hi Martin,

We are aware of the issue regarding ITV Player on freesat and are currently working closely with ITV to try and resolve it as soon as possible. We apologise for the loss of service and appreciate your patience.

Please check www.freesat.co.uk for updates about the issue as soon as they become available.

Many Thanks,
The freesat team

Rang Freesat this afternoon. They said it is back up now but you have to disconnect the Humax from the mains then reconnect and reboot. It seems to be working OK now.
Thanks for all your replies.

Back