Laggy EPG with version 1.03.xx

its not a biggy is it, most of my recordings are long standing series, whats a few seconds out of my day, i'll sit and wait for humax
or, more likely, someone on here to fix it

thanks in advance for those who mend stuff!

I use the Radio Times to decide what to record, then I jump about day by day, so I don't do much scrolling in the EPG. As such while I notice the slower speed it is tolerable for me if annoying.

The laggy epg has led me to revert back to 1.02.xx - i think the lag greatly detracts from my enjoyment of using the product to be honest but each to their own. Such a shame really because the new portal is a great improvement.

Really hope that the lag can be sorted. Do we know if the HDR-2000T suffers the same issue? I wonder if they have used the same epg code for both boxes and its optimised for the newer box with its slightly upgraded specs?

Some people have seen an improvement by deleting any expired schedule entries or performing a reset to default settings (you would lose all the schedule entries and settings). I have to say I am somewhat sceptical since it made very little difference in my case.

Tried that, doesn't make a ha'penth worth of difference, except for all the work of re setting and schedule's :(

The laggy epg has led me to revert back to 1.02.xx - i think the lag greatly detracts from my enjoyment of using the product to be honest but each to their own. Such a shame really because the new portal is a great improvement.

Same here. I barely use the TV Portal, and if I do then it's only iPlayer very occasionally, and so long as iPlayer actually plays the programmes I want OK (which it does) then I can live with the older version. I cannot, however, live with the laggy EPG.

It is a shame. The EPG bug was introduced in 1.03.06. When Humax finally did an OTA of 1.03.12 a lot of people were hoping that they had fixed this.

It is a shame. The EPG bug was introduced in 1.03.06. When Humax finally did an OTA of 1.03.12 a lot of people were hoping that they had fixed this.

Humax? Fix bugs in a timely fashion? You've got to be kidding. I love my HDR Fox T2 but I love it in spite of the company that created it, not because of them.

If they had been better at their job we probably wouldn't have the CF now (a: because it might not have been needed; and b: because there would have been no way in).

Humax t2 recorder here. I looked at the software version its 1.03.12

The EPG lag when scrolling is driving me insane.....what shall I do????

Search this forum for possible solutions, wait for Humax to issue a corrective update or sell it an buy something else.

Best of luck.

I use the webif EPG for browsing and setting recordings. Because I can do this from another room, or whilst the box is playing/viewing without obscuring the image. And because it is better.
I go to the native EPG to choose a live channel to watch, or to set a recording that starts before a reboot opportunity, ie. if a current or imminent recording finishes after the start time of the new event.

I suspect the fundamental issue is that Humax beta testers are power users whilst your average user isn't in the trial. They would expect to bash across the screen from left to right and not know about paging since they hadn't read the manual.

I'm going to stay on 1.02.32 until I'm forced to move onto 1.03.x. For recordings I mainly use the EPG so I know I wouldn't be able to tolerate any lag. I also don't use the portal much, except for iPlayer so I'm very happy with my current versions features.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to disable OTA updates. I don't expect a fix for the laggy EPG - if they've released 3 revisions of 1.03.x since introducing this "behaviour" then they either can't fix it, or it's not on the radar.

Back