Mendip Off-Air

OP
Black Hole

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I realise that, but things can change or loosen. The recent hot weather might have heat cycled a marginally tight fixing.
Everything looks present, intact, and pointing in the right direction (from ground level inspection).

That sounds like trees perhaps. The buggers do tend to grow :dunno:
Looking across the rooftops from upstairs, that is a possibility with nothing I could do other than get a taller pole! :cry:

The alternative is to switch to Wenvoe :frantic:

MikeSh

Looking across the rooftops from upstairs, that is a possibility with nothing I could do other than get a taller pole! :cry:
Years ago, in the days of analogue, I bought a new build flat in the middle of a block - the two storey ones that look like terraced houses. About 75yds away, between me and Crystal Palace (about 25 miles away) there was a big Oak tree.

The people on each side of of us had the usual contract aerials on a standard bracket and pole for each flat, but the aerial installer had a struggle with ours. In the end me and the person in the flat above shared a big high gain aerial on a massive pole via an amplifier in the loft (fed from upstair's lighting circuit).
It wasn't cheap. :(

OP
Black Hole

Black Hole

My UHF30 seems to have died, I had M*A*S*H on until a little while ago, now there's no signal.

I think that's a low-power local mux.

Trev

The Dumb One
It's not CCI is it BH? I frequently have that which usually wipes out one or more MPXs.
I have two aerials that I can swap between and switching them usually, but not always, fixes it.

OP
Black Hole

Black Hole

Maybe, perhaps that's the answer to all my problems with this high pressure about, but I also notice DAB and FM are pretty bad while I'm out in the car.