[network-shares-automount] package released

Still not working, that is the Share directory has not yet appeared in the media list on the box. However as last time I tried, it is possible to play a recording from H2 on H1 via storage /network. Also possible to play recording from H1 via H2 on the PC. I shall now wait to review the postion tomorrow morning.

This line of code:

\134\134192.168.1.66\134media on /mnt/hd2/My\040Video/[Shares]\040\040\040\040\0
40\040\040Do\040not\040delete!/HumaxDS type cifs (rw,mand,unc=\\192.168.1.66\med
ia,username=User,domain=MSHOME,rsize=16384,wsize=57344)

Has not yet appeared on humax1 as it did in post #195 above, is it possible/would it do any good to enter it manually???

I'm wondering if because H1 is 1.02.20 modified and H2 is 1.02.27 modified, that this is the reason. Has anybody managed to get sharing working on two differently modified boxes? I think H1 will need upgrading to 1.02.27 as the next course of action?

Ahem, I may have jumped the gun somewhat. Last night when I thought the scrambled content issue was sorted, I was in fact watching the last streamed item on the BBC iplayer which was also a program I had set to record. The 70s on BBC2. I was going to watch another recorded program tonight and it is scrambled. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I really don't think the 1.02.20/1.02.27 issue is anything to do with the problems. Again I'm going to have to defer to the BYTs.

Ahem, I may have jumped the gun somewhat. Last night when I thought the scrambled content issue was sorted, I was in fact watching the last streamed item on the BBC iplayer which was also a program I had set to record. The 70s on BBC2. I was going to watch another recorded program tonight and it is scrambled. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What boxes are moded with what?

What boxes are moded with what?

Both boxes (HDR and HD) are Webif 0.9.5-2 Custom FW 2.10 for Humax FW 1.02.27

HDR is wired network and HD is wireless. I have (just to eliminate) had them both on wired but it made no difference.

Both boxes (HDR and HD) are Webif 0.9.5-2 Custom FW 2.10 for Humax FW 1.02.27

HDR is wired network and HD is wireless. I have (just to eliminate) had them both on wired but it made no difference.

If mine doesn't work tomorrow I'm going to change one of them, I'll maybe try them both as 1.02.20 modified?:rolleyes:

Whilst I would like to be able to view and have the transport control using this method, I am quite happy to use the DNLA server to watch recorded programs. But I always like to stretch the parameters to get the last ounce of use from a product.

Whilst I would like to be able to view and have the transport control using this method, I am quite happy to use the DNLA server to watch recorded programs. But I always like to stretch the parameters to get the last once of use from a product.

My sentiments EXACTLY:)

I’m not sure if this would be of any use, but I can successfully access an HDR1 (downstairs) via my HDR2 (upstairs) and watch decrypted programmes stored onHDR1 via HDR2.

Modsettings – SMB - I set up a folder named humaxmainhdr (I use filezilla but it can be done from webif and the remote)
It only takes around a minute for the new “humaxmainhdr” folder to be set up with its content folders in place.

The following works perfectly well for me:

Domain = (not required, so it’s deleted)
Folder = media
Host = 192_168_X_X (the network address of my HDR1 – manual setting)(replace the X’s with your setting)
Mac=( Left as is)
Password = 0000
Sharefolder = off
User = humaxftp
Wakeup = off

I’m sure it worked when I removed the username and password, but when HDR2 was restarted, I think it failed to re-connect. Well it works so I’ve left it as is.

I have a USB pen drive in the HDR2 – I access the HDR1 via HDR2 by the remote: Media – blue button – USB - humaxmainhdr
This allows me to view all the media files on HDR1
I have a virtual drive set up on HDR1 and this is where recorded media can be copied to. Hence, you’ll know it is/should be decrypted.
The list of files viewable on Media is: drive1 – My Music – My Photo – My Video - virtual
Obviously any files not decrypted on My video will not be playable.
My network is wired.
The only issue I initially had was my firewall blocked the connection, so I had to make some changes to that.
My HDR’s are running different versions of the Custom firmware – so no conflict there.

I access the HDR1 via HDR2 by the remote: Media – blue button – USB - humaxmainhdr

By going through the blue button, is that not using the DNLA route? For example when I press Media the HDR shows up as an attached device and can be accessed directly.

It is if you go Media >> Blue >> Network, but Climber said Media >> Blue >> USB, showing the network-shared drive mounted as if it is a local USB drive rather than mounting it in My Video (which can lead to problems).

I have a USB pen drive in the HDR2

Hello chaps I have been following this one silently as I usually read stuff through the day so can't confirm settings on my own box, and couldn't be sure enough of my facts to post anything not already said. However reading the line above hidden away in climbers post did ring a bell for me but it might be a red (or dead!) herring.

One thing we've always had to do when messing about with USB stuff - and I'm thinking VirtualDisk as the main example but I think this might be the same - is that for some reason to make it work you have to have a real USB device plugged into the Hummy. I can't remember why but it's just the way it is. I never notice this myself anymore because I actually do have an old USB HDD connected all the time anyway.

Maybe only to rule it out, but do you have a USB plugged in and if not try sticking a USB something or other in and see if the shares then appear?

[EDIT - and apologies if you've already said this somewhere in the last 11 pages that I've forgotten about!! :()

As far as sharing is concerned, plugging in a usb device doesnt making the sharing directory come up (my problem is mod settings hasn't produced a share directory). Not even by this morning.
However I have tried Climber's method & I can get it to work (with full transport control over playback) his way (Media >> Blue >> USB) but only with virtual disk installed and the recording to be played decrypted (which gives the file a [DEC] logo. Which leads me to ask what's the difference between auto decrypt and the virtual disk decrypt, because an auto-decrypted file doesn't play with climbers method:confused:I'm very confused on this point, BH please explain. [edit] explained here http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Decrypt

@jsrobo - Glad to hear you have had some success.

I’m not experienced on the subject. I can only give guidance on what has worked for me.
I’ve experimented quite a lot and got stuck numerous times too.
Its thanks mostly to the “experts” on here that I’ve managed to make progress.

HDR2 Media – blue button – network – hdr-foxt2 media server – My contents –My video
The above gives access to video files and the deleted items folder on HDR1. This works without the need for a USB device plugged into the HDR2. This is obviously more limited than the USB option described in my previous post. Hence I prefer the USB option.
One positive of the ‘Network’ route is that it can play both HD and SD encrypted programmes. Those that can play have been ‘indexed by the DNLA server’ .

I have not seen any issues with my existing setup, but I can’t say that no problems may exist due to the way I have it set up. Time will maybe tell!

My firewall displays ‘network activity’. It was there that I noticed that during the initial setup of my method (USB) that the network address of HDR2 was being blocked by the firewall. Other firewalls may or may not behave the same way.

Climber.

My network route has worked right from the off (I can play recordings in all directions between 2 HDR's and my PC in Std Def & Hi Def, the Hi Def's not good on my old laptop), but without full transport support, hence the efforts to get sharing (auto-mount) to work. Your USB method gives a half way house, but its major disadvantage is having to decrypt first. My current position is I have reinstalled all the items I need (left auto-mount in place) and await developments. I need a share directory somehow with recordings listed which play with full transport control:D

I must be missing something here. I have installed this and gone into [ModSettings]/smb, but the Opt+ button is disabled, so I can't progress any further. Maybe I am misunderstanding the sparse instructions? Is there an illustrated guide somewhere?

Edit: I plugged in a USB drive and the NAS folder appeared. But surely pressing the blue button and selecting the share is easier?

Using the
Decrypt

Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Decrypt

method has now made the programs viewable. :)

I was under the illusion that auto-unprotect along with unencrypt carried this decryption function on the fly and that's why I could watch recordings on my laptop, PC etc.

auto-unprotect + unencrypt converts the file but not in real time, you have to wait for several things to happen (recording finishes, auto-unprotect gets triggered to clear the protection - Enc and database, DLNA indexer, and only once the file has been indexed will it come to the attention of unencrypt the next time it is scheduled to run). If you are accessing the recording by DLNA streaming, you only need the first three of those and the decryption is performed on the fly.

I have adjusted my unencrypt schedule so it runs more frequently.

to make it work you have to have a real USB device plugged into the Hummy.

Good point, I had forgotten that as I have drives plugged in all the time.

Back