[network-shares-automount] package released

You do know that everything needs decrypting to make this work? Bypassing the DLNA server also means bypassing the on-the-fly decryption. I'm running auto-unprotect and unencrypt (with a modified cron for unencrypt so it runs every 5 mins regardless) so everything on disk ends up decrypted shortly after it is recorded.

As far as networking difficulties go, we'd better hope the BYTs drop by soon because all I know has already been exhausted.

You do know that everything needs decrypting to make this work? Bypassing the DLNA server also means bypassing the on-the-fly decryption. I'm running auto-unprotect and unencrypt (with a modified cron for unencrypt so it runs every 5 mins regardless) so everything on disk ends up decrypted shortly after it is recorded.

As far as networking difficulties go, we'd better hope the BYTs drop by soon because all I know has already been exhausted.

I have both Humax boxes with auto-unprotect and unencrypt installed. I'm not getting the required directories setup in the first place so cann't try playing a video in shared mode, incidently works fine in network mode plays both ways (H1 to H2 & H2 to H1) .

I was wondering if it was because one was moded with .20 and the other with .27

I think you may have to be careful if installing samba & CIFS on both machines. If on one machine the other machine is mounted under /media and similarly for the other machine then there is the risk of creating an infinite loop. When one machine looks at the mount to search for directories it will find a copy of its own directory tree which will continue to grow until it all falls over due to lack of memory.

I think you may have to be careful if installing samba & CIFS on both machines. If on one machine the other machine is mounted under /media and similarly for the other machine then there is the risk of creating an infinite loop. When one machine looks at the mount to search for directories it will find a copy of its own directory tree which will continue to grow until it all falls over due to lack of memory.

I have uninstalled samba & cifs from the HD. Unfortunately I still get the message The program is scrambled or unavailable.

Is there a check list to see if I have all the apps installed that I need?

For a one-way share you need Samba on the source and CIFS on the destination. CIFS is automatically installed as a dependency of auto-mount.

I have uninstalled samba & cifs from the HD. Unfortunately I still get the message The program is scrambled or unavailable.
Which device is giving this message? If you have uninstalled samba & CIFS from the HD you should not see the message on either device since files on one device should not appear in the browse list of the other.

I have set things up as follow:
H1(destination) with auto-mount (with CIFS) & removed Samba.
H2(source) uninstalled auto-mount & CIFS but left Samba on.
This gives me a shared directory on H1, but no directory of H2 in H1s shared directory, all I can assume is that auto-mount is not running/working.
Next course of action is the uninstalling of auto-mount on H1, but before I do anybody got any other suggestions????

a further development to post #168
It is now possible in Windows Explorer to see the H2 directory and its Media contents in the H1 network connection (it is possible to file copy from H2 via H1 to my PC)
So the directory connection is there but neither through webif or on the Humax1 itself can you visibly see the H2 directory, strange but I still think that the auto-mount package isn't active. Anybody know how to check this theory out, presumably a telnet command, but what?

I am absolutely stumped at The program is scrambled or unavailable. message that keeps appearing when I try to view a program from the HDR. The strange things is if I press i on the remote I can see the program information etc.

I am absolutely stumped at The program is scrambled or unavailable. message that keeps appearing when I try to view a program from the HDR. The strange things is if I press i on the remote I can see the program information etc.

The only time I have seen this kind of message is when I have tried to decrypt a HD recording and it has failed - this then renders the recording useless to play on any device including my HDR

The message I get is "The channel is scrambled or not available"

That's the strange part. I can still watch the programs on the HDR, I can still watch using DNLA and I can still watch them on my PC using XBMC. The message only shows when trying to use the network shares auto-mount.

The program is scrambled message comes on the HD when trying to watch recordings from the HDR.
Yes I've experienced this message on 2 occasions both times I was simultaneously recording 2 Hi Def channels whilst playing back a third Hi Def recording. I was 45 mins into playback when it was not possible to proceed with playback. Interestingly once recording had finished it was still not possible to play any type of recording. I did a power-off with the rear on/off switch and then everything was OK! I think it somehow ran out of memory.

That's the strange part. I can still watch the programs on the HDR, I can still watch using DNLA and I can still watch them on my PC using XBMC. The message only shows when trying to use the network shares auto-mount.

I know it's already been asked, but this does sound like you haven't decrypted the file. The working methods don't require prior decryption. If you view the recording via the web interface does it definitely have the green DEC icon against it?

I know it's already been asked, but this does sound like you haven't decrypted the file. The working methods don't require prior decryption. If you view the recording via the web interface does it definitely have the green DEC icon against it?

Yes, all files are decrypted. SD & HD neither will play through the network shares auto-mount but will play normally on everything else.

I've continued trying to get this to work without success. Entering the details in modsettings does not produce a shared directory... seems to be the main issue...WHY

I've had various error messages in the scanmounts.log the latest being:

192.168. 1.66 not responding..
also before that: Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/humax2: Invalid argument

I'm just about to give up,,,,Any Ideas----PLEASE (Been thru' this thread again & again)
:confused:
HELP!!!

Thanx Black Hole, you have tried. I thank you for that!!!:)..

I now have progress to report. Both boxes have been switched off for a couple of hours. On switching both on I now find I not only have a shared directory but also recordings listed, but unfortunely they won't play. The message I get is "The channel is scrambled or not available"..
When I switch to storage and access via the network the videos play ok (but without full transport control as normal)
But we have progress, seems I haven't been leaving the boxes long enough for any changes to take place (wonders how long one should wait).
I'm now in the same position as Trajet. And to answer af123's question yes viewing via the web interface the recordings do have the green DEC icon against them.

Both Trajet and myself are wondering If anybody out there has auto-mount running ok who has also modified to 1.02.27, because this seems a common denominator to us.:(

Back