[network-shares-automount] package released

I am a bit confused now as from this it looks like the public folder is a mount point so I am not now sure why it did not mount when you tried before.
Thanks monty, anyone else has any other ideas as to what may be wrong?

By the way, how do you uninstall network shares? I thought I did it yesterday but after uninstalling the Mod settings folders still showed. So I installed again.

192.168.0.15 is on-line - attempting to mount nas
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.15/Public/Shared Videos /media/nas -o user=admin,password=pass,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.0.15\Public\Shared Videos
mount: mounting //192.168.0.15/Public/Shared Videos on /media/nas failed: No such device
Mount failed...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 14
Check that the user name and password fields etc. are correct, i.e. they match your Windows settings. What is the entry in the 'folder=' section? This should be folder=Shared Videos

tried that also see here. tried with space and without space

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 16
I'm a little confused, are we talking about a Fox T2 or a FoxSat here.
The entry is listed under HDR Fox T2 but the screen print seems to show a problem relating to a FoxSat.
If we are talking about FoxSat shouldn't this be under that heading.

The entry is listed under HDR Fox T2 but the screen print seems to show a problem relating to a FoxSat.

You got confused, foxsat has nothing to do here. That part of the screen is there to show you that I did mount shared videos on the network. disregard what you see about foxsat

Yes, you can see that hummy log says 0.15 is online.
That IP is what takes me to the user interface of the NAS

It ought to be working, so I think it is worth checking the basics. To access folders on the NAS through Windows do you have to log in as 'admin' with the password 'pass'?

The space in 'Shared Videos' could be causing a problem. I know you have tried changing this in the Humax parameters to 'SharedVideos' but did you actually create and share a 'SharedVideos' folder on the NAS?

It ought to be working, so I think it is worth checking the basics. To access folders on the NAS through Windows do you have to log in as 'admin' with the password 'pass'?
Correct.
I have now taken the space out in the NAS folder name and in the smb and it still fails, unbelievable.
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.15/SharedVideos /media/WD -o user=admin,password=pass,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.0.15\SharedVideos
mount: mounting //192.168.0.15/SharedVideos on /media/WD failed: No such device
Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/WD: Invalid argument

I think we both have blood on our foreheads from bashing them on a brick wall. I recommend a glass of wine. Hopefully af123 or someone else with greater knowledge than us will read this thread and see something we missed:frantic:

I think we both have blood on our foreheads from bashing them on a brick wall. I recommend a glass of wine. Hopefully af123 or someone else with greater knowledge than us will read this thread and see something we missed:frantic:

I agree.
BH: you mounted one hummy on another. I have a foxsatHdr which has tinyftp server and samba on it. What should I name the folders inside SMB/Foxsat ?

I couldn't help myself so I looked at the manual for your NAS (WD livebook duo). It looks like the shares aren't straightforward Samba ones but use Java runtime client. Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick (which is possible) the standard network shares automount method with smb/ cifs won't work. I don't think it is impossible to mount a working share on a Humax, but it is not straightforward.

Do I need a usb drive plugged in before attempting to mount, or is it ok to plug one in when I want to see the USB via blue button?

Edit
I think there is a problem on my hummy or network because trying to mount the Foxsat does not work either.

192.168.0.3 is on-line - attempting to mount Foxsat
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.3/media /media/Foxsat -o user=HumaxFTP,password=0000,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.0.3\media
mount: mounting //192.168.0.3/media on /media/Foxsat failed: No such device
Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/Foxsat: Invalid argument
192.168.0.15 is on-line - attempting to mount WD
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.15/Public/SharedVideos /media/WD -o user=admin,password=pass,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.0.15\Public\SharedVideos
mount: mounting //192.168.0.15/Public/SharedVideos on /media/WD failed: No such device
Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/WD: Invalid argument

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 7
Do I need a usb drive plugged in before attempting to mount, or is it ok to plug one in when I want to see the USB via blue button?
You need a USB pen drive stick (;) - what to name one of these has caused some controversy) to be plugged in to access a share on the Humax, but this won't prevent the drive mounting: you'd be able to access it through Webif without it.

I think there is a problem on my hummy or network because trying to mount the Foxsat does not work either.

192.168.0.3 is on-line - attempting to mount Foxsat
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.3/media /media/Foxsat -o user=HumaxFTP,password=0000,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.0.3\media
mount: mounting //192.168.0.3/media on /media/Foxsat failed: No such device
Mount failed...
Why is the user 'HumaxFTP'? Are you trying to mount an FTP server as a samba share? Presumably not; do you just use the same username and password for both FTP and Samba?

I couldn't get any of this to work from the command line. Having resorted to a Wireshark trace, it was receiving a tree connect request like "\\aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/share" and returning a STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error. So I did this instead:
Code:
mount -t cifs //aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd\\share /media/nas -o user=userid,pass=password
and it connected.
I don't know how this tweak works with network-shares-automount as I haven't used it or installed it to see.

Because reading through the thread I saw someone did it that way. What do you think user and password should be? here is the documentation of the samba on foxsat
Samba

A Samba share named 'Media' has been defined to give read/write access to the three sub-folders Video, Music, and Photo. Any attached USB drive will be listed here also. In addition, four individual Samba shares named 'Video', 'Music', 'Photos', and 'USB' are defined, allowing users to choose whichever best suits their needs. No password is required to access these folders.
The Netbios name is now automatically set to the hostname defined in file '/opt/etc/hostname'. The default hostname is 'Foxsat-HDR' but can be changed by editing this file or from within the 'Settings' page of the full Web Interface. There is no longer any need for the user to edit the smb.conf file in order to change the Netbios name.
The workgroup is set to the Windows 7 default of 'WORKGROUP'. This should be fine for most users, but it can be changed by editing the file '/opt/etc/smb.conf' or via the web interface "Settings" page.
Note:
Editing any file on the Foxsat-HDR should only be undertaken using a text editor that doesn't insert CR/LF (Carriage Return/Line Feed) at the end of every line. This probably excludes every text editor bundled with Windows. Linux and Unix systems expect lines to be terminated with a LineFeed only. If you are running Windows then Google for a freeware named 'Notepad++'. This editor can read and write files in UNIX/LINUX format using LF as line terminator.
Correct syntax of an edited "smb.conf" can be checked prior to execution by entering "testparm" from the command line. Any changes to "smb.conf" will not be reflected until Samba is stopped and restarted.
The Samba password is currently set to null, but if you require a password to access Foxsat-HDR folders then you can set it by entering 'smbpsswd' from the command line, but be aware that you will also have to correctly configure "smb.conf".
After installation of Samba it may take a few minutes for Windows to see the Foxsat-HDR's netbios broadcasts so be patient. You can map a network drive using unicode paths i.e. "\\Foxsat-HDR\Media"

Back