New Firmware for Friday 4 February 2011

no worries, 1st time i have been out of work and am now 54, not done too bad really
up to 80 % now

Quick update - there is a portal! No sky player. Need to find some DNLA software thats capable of playing encrypted (suggestions welcome) to see if thats there.

Its not actually taking that long. As you would expect it streems the software out, and you box waits until the streem restarts before downloading it from the start.

its not an ondemand service as your box cant send a request back to the TV transmitted!

no skyplayer - 3months delay , a working skyplayer in the recent techradar hands on review and now no skyplayer in the official release - poor very poor

Whats going on?

I'm happy, Iplayer HD content works.

It's a little slow.But I'm content.Now to see if it fixes the 5.1 bugs and to find out what else it adds.

The lack of sky player is disappointing. Since it was recently seen out in the field lets hope it's only a small delay.

I wonder what else is missing...

and specifically stated on the packaging as being a feature. Any ideas if the once fixed/ready (hopefully) it will just appear on the portal or require a new firmware release - I assume it will just appear in the line up

I'm happy, Iplayer HD content works.

Can you d/l a whole programme onto disk in iPlayer, like you can on a PC?

My 'net connection isn't fast enough to stream HD so I either have to watch the SD version (when using my TV or BD player), or use the Mac.

and specifically stated on the packaging as being a feature. Any ideas if the once fixed/ready (hopefully) it will just appear on the portal or require a new firmware release - I assume it will just appear in the line up

I guess that depends on what the issue is. It could require a firmware update or it might not. Let's hope they just need Sky's final permission or something. It's just speculation on our part.

Back