New Firmware for Friday 4 February 2011

I guess that depends on what the issue is. It could require a firmware update or it might not. Let's hope they just need Sky's final permission or something. It's just speculation on our part.
come on humax / sky SORT IT OUT!

Has anybody yet downloaded it from the Crystal Palace mux onto a HD? Looks like the DTG site may be right and this update is for the HDR only!

Just confirmed with Humax Update is for HDR only and the HD one should be in "a week or two"

Some instructions would be useful but here what ive found so far:
  • You can now select folders to delete - also appears to be background deleting
  • FTP works (as there are no release notes the usename is not given though but google tracked it down for me - HumaxFTP and then 0000 (or your passcode) as password
  • Trailing booking is here
  • Portal is here but regretfully no Sky Player

Has anybody yet downloaded it from the Crystal Palace mux onto a HD? Looks like the DTG site may be right and this update is for the HDR only!
Yeah, looks like this is HDR only. Grr why can't they throw us a bone and communicate with us, it's kinda weirding me out how cloak and dagger it all is.

Yeah, looks like this is HDR only. Grr why can't they throw us a bone and communicate with us, it's kinda weirding me out how cloak and dagger it all is.
no skyplayer on HDR release and no release what so ever for the HD - Humax have great products thats a given but need to get some serious lessons and quick in customer service management

Does anyone know why it's only being transmitted on HD transmitters?
My Transmitter isn't switching to HD until 2012, hopefully the firmware will be on the website before then!

got home, misses want let me do the update for a hour, she's recording something, how come it tends to be women who can't get their priorities right? :(

So a complete waste of time for me then - no advanatge over my TV and BD player :rolleyes:
It would be rather good to have a PVR that could download like iplayer desktop - especially as many people's broadband won't be able to sustain the bitrate for HD streaming especially at peak time. Even better if you could schedule the downloads at night - I'm sure the ISPs would like that too!

I built a small fanless low power nettop PC based on an Atom CPU and ION graphics that plays blu-ray, mkvs and youtube 1080p absolutely fine - iplayer and iplayer desktop have been very hit and miss - mainly because the BBC keep changing the info bit of the streams so that the video isn't decoded by the GPU - very very annoying!

Some instructions would be useful but here what ive found so far:
  • You can now select folders to delete - also appears to be background deleting
  • FTP works (as there are no release notes the usename is not given though but google tracked it down for me - HumaxFTP and then 0000 (or your passcode) as password
  • Trailing booking is here
  • Portal is here but regretfully no Sky Player

Sorry not very clued up on FTP but I could use it t transfer some recordings. How do I access the box from the PC/Mac?

Thanks

Hmm, I can get FTP to connect, but see no media.Have they published any settings or guides?

Can you copy onto it even if you can't see anything to copy off?

I hope this isn't something else that is missing.

Back