New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

I remember back in the late 1970s when I started programming someone told me the mantra: "Hardware goes wrong. Software is wrong."

I use to sit with my Teletype 43, paper tape reader, typing in Focal commands to a PDP8 in the maths department at 19 in 1972. Numerical analysis. Getting the computer to solve results that couldnt be done via algebra. So it was all one big experiment of floating point error verses the algorithms you were using to solve equations, so it was all fun. In those days nothing went "wrong" and the PDP standing six foot high next to you would hum. I think it did only have 4k of memory. You would print your finished program off on paper tape and put an elastic band around the roll and walk off in satisfaction.

Hmm T Rex one thing about ageing is that you can't stand loud rock music now whilst kids can't stand classic music. I had better not digress but in the summer all the campus windows in the park village would be playing rock so you walked along in this swath of 70s music, smell of the herb and other stuff. We're talking Sussex. Not a digi box in sight.

Since updating to 1.03.12 I've had two instances of my TV selecting 'VGA' mode for the Humax HDMI input.. I had to restart the Humax to fix it, cycling video formats wasn't enough. Might not be related to the upgrade but I have never seen this behaviour before.

Since updating to 1.03.12 I've had two instances of my TV selecting 'VGA' mode for the Humax HDMI input.. I had to restart the Humax to fix it, cycling video formats wasn't enough. Might not be related to the upgrade but I have never seen this behaviour before.
I would ask this - When was the last time a firmware upgrade was pulled half way through?

Well I was got at for spreading negativity before the release in suggesting it would be delayed by one of the moderators. Often they do get delayed. So I'm feeling sort of "good" that it got pulled since it should have had further testing. Clearly if they don't involve greater numbers in testing which they did via putting the stuff up on their beta site then they run greater risk. On a like for like basis. If they have invested more in behind the scenes testing then obviously the argument doesn't stand up.

On the VGA issue that's going to be about how your TV switches against inputs which will vary between models. I haven't had that problem myself with a 4-5 year old plasma Panosonic, it does nothing too clever.

Well I was got at for spreading negativity before the release in suggesting it would be delayed by one of the moderators. Often they do get delayed.
Cite specific examples of a firmware update where a broadcast date was provided by Barry and the update pulledbefore that date.
So I'm feeling sort of "good" that it got pulled since it should have had further testing. Clearly if they don't involve greater numbers in testing which they did via putting the stuff up on their beta site then they run greater risk.
Given that none of us know why it was pulled then your statements are of questionable value.

On the VGA issue that's going to be about how your TV switches against inputs which will vary between models. I haven't had that problem myself with a 4-5 year old plasma Panosonic, it does nothing too clever.

You have missed the point. It's an HDMI negotiation problem that I have only seen since the new firmware. I posted in case other people have seen similar things which could indicate further HDMI changes in 1.03.12

I have two HDR's connected to my TV. One directly to HDMI 2, the other to HDMI 1 via an HDMI switch. Both are used on a daily basis and have been updated to 1.03.12/CF2.22.

No issues to report. TV is a Samsung Series 5.

It was Samsung that I thought would be a possible candidate since they do interesting stuff with sensing the HDMI input as I use to have to connect the three lead component up to my Bluray when I wished to show videos at my mothers, then toggle the output on the bluray to 1080i, then it would work since think it was Series 4, I could look it up, refused to see 1080p which the Bluray defaulted back to if I didn't plug it back in to the mains quick enough on the 60 mile journey. The TV would do lots of flashing and not see it and the Bluray would also test what the TV had, so the combination of polling got no picture.

Cite specific examples of a firmware update where a broadcast date was provided by Barry and the update pulledbefore that date.

Why are we making this personal to Barry, I'm sure he's a good chap.

My thrust on this is without insufficient testing it's likely to go wrong, more so know Humax won't post up releases on the Humax beta site. Thus the situation has changed from before when bugs were ironed out by a wider community to one where they are not, thus you wouldn't find examples where Barry was proved wrong. The situation has changed as you know full well.

I did explore these arguments elsewhere to defend why the beta sight wasn't being used if Humax testing was now more rigorous. Past events demonstrate that it isn't since this will be the first time an update has been pulled unless you want to quote Barry on this being not the case.

That indeed Jack's question.

I think my questions are of good value, but were you asking this as a moderator or as a lesser mortal of planet earth ?.

You have missed the point. It's an HDMI negotiation problem that I have only seen since the new firmware. I posted in case other people have seen similar things which could indicate further HDMI changes in 1.03.12

Ditto that is what I'm talking about with Samsung's above. My Panasonic does nothing clever in polling the port.

Whist I have your attention af123, I note that the HDF custom files for 1.03.11 or 1.03.12 were of the exact same size if I was not mistaken. Is this due to how you package them up or was the code in size very similar prior to packaging. I was bit surprised to see this. I keep them in the BootHDR files for the different version and noticed this. Mind you I could be mistaken....

Why are we making this personal to Barry, I'm sure he's a good chap.
We don't have any evidence for that either.
My thrust on this is without insufficient testing it's likely to go wrong, more so know Humax won't post up releases on the Humax beta site. Thus the situation has changed from before when bugs were ironed out by a wider community to one where they are not...
I don't know why Humax don't give it to us lot on here to test. We are, collectively, the best testing resource they have (and we're free!), yet they shun us. It is outright stupidity on their part.

For clarification and hopefully to stop the rummers, Barry over at MyHumax has posted this:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-10312-ota-date/page/6#post-25682

I am sorry, I cannot remember how to make the link look as others do. I.E. 'Click me'

1. Copy your link to the clipboard.
2. Add the text you want as the link i.e. 'Click me'
3. Select text using left mouse click and drag. (selected text will be highlighted)
4. Click on insert/edit link in the top bar (the chain icon) and paste your link into the popup box.
5. Click 'Ínsert'

And it's rumours, not rummers Wallace. :)

iOS does not show the edit tool bar. We have to type the BB codes directly (see the Help drop-down for a full list), but basically a hyperlink is constructed like this:

[url="http://whatever.you.want.com"]CLICK HERE[/url]

Back