New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

Since HD receiver downloads are now carried on PSB1, and as I don't have the PSB1 mux tuned into my boxes, does this mean that I will miss out on the OTA?:)

The OTA stuff is carried by the BBC HD MUX PSB3, as this wasn't available in all areas initially Humax were forced to supply firmware on their Download site, for installation via USB. PSB1 is Standard Def. only as far as I am aware

Sorry, (you did say "are now carried on PSB1" :oops:) you are correct, they must have changed this at some stage. As you say the DTG site now states :-

Please note
  • Freeview/DTG downloads start at 10 am and finish at 9 am.
  • HD receiver downloads are now carried on PSB1.
  • The schedules published here are subject to alteration without notice.
The DTG site does suggest that the OTAs are only carried by PSB1, as this is the main Standard Def. BBC MUX I guess they presume everyone will use it, perhaps this also explains why Humax are in no hurry to supply a USB installable version, as PSB1 will be available to all digital TV users

I'm guessing you have a Humax set up for a specific purpose that doesn't require the SD BBC channels

@AF123: I am happy to let the new version download on to one or two of my units if you want volunteers to help you try out the extraction procedure.

Well done, I thought this would be the route that af123 would take as before with 1.03.06 and 11 given that they haven't put it up on the beta testing site. I suspect the broadcast will get pushed back. I'm hoping that the HD boxes will get an upgrade as well. That will probably cause the delay that they won't do the update till both are ready unless software development for the HD only boxes is now scrapped.

I thought they were on the BBC SD mux. - DTG site confirms HD receiver downloads are on PSB1.
There is nothing on there about the apparent forthcoming download though...
Looks like they are now. All previous Humax downloads were on the HD Mux though. Plenty of bandwidth there and they let them run for weeks at a time but not everyone could get them at the time as the HD Mux wasn't as prevalent.

Just checked and the current JVC update is being carried on a data channel under the 'BBC Red Button' programme at around 12kb/s. It's likely that's where the Humax one will be transmitted too.

Why do you suspect that?

It has been in the past. We'll see.

Presume the service(s) muted for March is the BBC Connected Red Button as demonstrated on Virgin Media Tivo box by the BBC guy and to roll out across platforms in 2013 e.g. not two free standing apps for News and Sport, but he "BBC Connected Red Button" offering:

Be good if it is and the rest is left as is i.e. the BBC iPlayer portal.

In principle, would it be possible to extract from the broadcast data stream?
In practice I guess this would be quite hard to do.
If I remember correctly, AF123 extracted the previous 1.03.xx from a T2 that had already installed it. I.e. Not from the download steam itself (it was never transmitted).
He wrote a bit of code and got a member to run it on a 1.03.xx box.

[quote="Ezra Pound, post: 58974, member: 301":)

• Resolved recordings failures (using Padding) when in standby for over 8 days

[/quote]

I'm wondering whether it was this one that was fixed in 1.03.06 / 11 which nobody had spotted in Barry's quessing game. You would have needed to be on holiday for that period, taken out boot up 04:20 to 04:40 and not been using RS remote whilst away. So unlikely to spot may be.

I'm wondering whether it was this one that was fixed in 1.03.06 / 11 which nobody had spotted in Barry's quessing game.
It's the most likely item in the release notes however it's a well known and documented problem that any regular reader will have workarounds in place for.

@AF123: I am happy to let the new version download on to one or two of my units if you want volunteers to help you try out the extraction procedure.
There is a risk that you will end up stuck on the new version with no option to revert to a custom version. I think that risk is very small but it does exist. I find it strange that Humax haven't put this on the beta site (and Barry says that they don't intend to make the download available initially).

There is a risk that you will end up stuck on the new version with no option to revert to a custom version. I think that risk is very small but it does exist. I find it strange that Humax haven't put this on the beta site (and Barry says that they don't intend to make the download available initially).
Probably the application of treacle, they want to slow down custom developers since they might be better than their own. You can see the guy in the meeting to discuss going for this. There is one other thing....

I have one HDR which isn't normally in use, I am happy to let it download on to this one if it could potentially help: I am aware of the risks. Would it be best to revert to vanilla firmware or leave it on custom before letting the download happen? Are you going to try and capture the update from the engineering channel?

Back