New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

Plug the aerial lead that currently runs to the Humax into a TV and check it has signal (alternatively, if a TV daisy-chained to the Humax has signal I think we can take it as read that there is signal at the Humax input).

If signal at the aerial lead is positively verified, give the Humax a cold boot (go to standby, wait for everything to shut down - ie the disk clicks off and the Ethernet socket stops flashing, power off at the mains, wait a bit, power on again).

If still no good, download and install the standard (non-custom) firmware version 1.02.32 (ie the latest available) and re-flash it.

If still no good, is it in warranty?

It's now 16 days since Humax reportedly said the new firmware would be on the Beta site "in a week or so".
Am I surprised by their tardiness? Not at all.

Plug the aerial lead that currently runs to the Humax into a TV and check it has signal (alternatively, if a TV daisy-chained to the Humax has signal I think we can take it as read that there is signal at the Humax input).

If signal at the aerial lead is positively verified, give the Humax a cold boot (go to standby, wait for everything to shut down - ie the disk clicks off and the Ethernet socket stops flashing, power off at the mains, wait a bit, power on again).

If still no good, download and install the standard (non-custom) firmware version 1.02.32 (ie the latest available) and re-flash it.

If still no good, is it in warranty?

no joy, its going back

deezel :
Hello
newb, so probably a stupid question
I've just got the t2 with the mentioned software 1.03.06.
As mentioned above do I have to downgrade to an earlier software (1.02.32) to be able to install the custom firmware?
You'll have to sent it back with the official 1.02.32, but I doubt Humax will be bothered

Anyways put the cfw on booted up ok but has lost all the channels, done a search but no channels found

oops, where from here

Could you have installed the HDR cfw (v1.02.32) over the official firmware (1.03.06)?

In post 10 Wallace says
Until then, the only way to install the Custom Firmware (CF) is to 'downgrade' the Official Firmware to v1.02.32.

i.e. first install the official firmware (v1.02.32) and then installing the cfw(v1.02.32)

I know in the past I have tried to install the HD-Fox cfw instead of the HDR-Fox cfw (easy mistake to make!).

Could you have installed the HDR cfw (v1.02.32) over the official firmware (1.03.06)?

In post 10 Wallace says

i.e. first install the official firmware (v1.02.32) and then installing the cfw(v1.02.32)

I know in the past I have tried to install the HD-Fox cfw instead of the HDR-Fox cfw (easy mistake to make!).

Yes, I think I may have been guilty of that.

Anyways, sent that unit back and got a replacement.

The replacement had the updated firmware 1.03.06 as before so this time I was careful to flash the official firmware first 1.02.32 and guess what, lost all the channels and an auto search finds no channels , back to square one.

With respect, that's a bit of a mis-quote. This is what I said:

'Currently v1.03.06 is not freely available.

It seems new boxes are coming pre-loaded with it and we have heard that it is due to be released 'soon'.
Until then, the only way to install the Custom Firmware (CF) is to 'downgrade' the Official Firmware to v1.02.32. There is no problem in doing this that we are aware off. I have done it myself and not noticed anything different in functionality or speed etal.

To 'downgrade' you follow exactly the same procedure as if you were upgrading with the obvious exception of the use of the 'older' firmware file.,

Not
With respect, that's a bit of a mis-quote. This is what I said:

'Currently v1.03.06 is not freely available.

It seems new boxes are coming pre-loaded with it and we have heard that it is due to be released 'soon'.
Until then, the only way to install the Custom Firmware (CF) is to 'downgrade' the Official Firmware to v1.02.32. There is no problem in doing this that we are aware off. I have done it myself and not noticed anything different in functionality or speed etal.

To 'downgrade' you follow exactly the same procedure as if you were upgrading with the obvious exception of the use of the 'older' firmware file.,
Sorry, what have I misquoted. I have quoted your post and followed the advice of installing the previous official firmware, and now I have no channels

The whole blooming lot!

To quote your post:

'In post 10 Wallace says

i.e. first install the official firmware (v1.02.32) and then installing the cfw(v1.02.32)'

That has been edited!!! I said no such thing. I don't mind people quoting me, but please leave as is.

Can anybody help. I have downgraded the official firmware to 1.o2.32 and as said in a previous post have now lost all channnels. Automatic and manual searches reveal 'no channels'

I am sorry for you problems.

But I haven't had any of the problems you describe. I have successfully downgraded firmware from 1.03.06 to 1.02.32 and installed the CF without the lose of any channels or even the need for a re-tune.

If both automatic and manual searches do not reveal any channels there is a possibility that you have a hardware issue. If you connect a TV to the SAME aerial connection that fed the Hummy, does that work?

I am that other user!

My new box came with 1.03.06 installed. I could not see or 'feel' any difference in functionality or speed over 1.02.32.

I had no problems whatsoever downgrading to 1.02.32 using the standard method. The box is working happily and even better since I installed the custom firmware.

Hmmm, this is your post of july 17th which I have just pressed 'reply' on

I have altered nothing, you have the power to edit that post not I and it states quite clearly that you downgraded to the previous official firmware without any problems so please do not insult my intelligence.

I do beg your pardon. You are right. My apologies. It was Border that mis-quoted me, and you quoted his post. My mistake. :(

I have not edited any of your posts that I have quoted so please do not infer this. The parts of your post I have quoted are there for all to see unless you change them now.

I am really quite angry you have accused me of such, its ridiculous really as my quote of your post is there in your original posts.

This is quite ridiculous really, monty python springs to mind

Well, that's unfortunate.

There is always a small risk involved when flashing firmware, it might be unrelated and just a very bad coincidence. I can only say it worked for me.

Sorry for your woes and apologies again.

Ok, thanks for feedback.
Anyways put the cfw on booted up ok but has lost all the channels, done a search but no channels found

oops, where from here
Yes, I think I may have been guilty of that.

Anyways, sent that unit back and got a replacement.

The replacement had the updated firmware 1.03.06 as before so this time I was careful to flash the official firmware first 1.02.32 and guess what, lost all the channels and an auto search finds no channels , back to square one.
You seem to have been rather unlucky, having had the same problem with two different boxes.

Back