New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

You desribed my post or part of it as 'Detritus'

Since it seems to have been removed thats an answer in itself.

If that 'detritus' post of yours was not aimed at me as the quote above implies then fair enough.
I think it is fair enough to describe the posts that only discuss a previous post, that is then itself removed as irrelevant to the topic, as "detritus". No insult implied or intended.

We might have taken offence that you went elsewhere for answers implying that you thought you would get better answers - but I don't suppose we will hold that against you (for long!) and anyway many of us inhabit the other forums too.

You have been unfortunate that you are the first to have reported a definite problem with downgrading a 1.03.06 unit, so the advice given was appropriate to the collective experience at the time (even if it was only me injecting a tentative note of caution) and will now be modified in the light of your report.

I think it is fair enough to describe the posts that only discuss a previous post, that is then itself removed as irrelevant to the topic, as "detritus". No insult implied or intended.

We might have taken offence that you went elsewhere for answers implying that you thought you would get better answers - but I don't suppose we will hold that against you (for long!) and anyway many of us inhabit the other forums too.

You have been unfortunate that you are the first to have reported a definite problem with downgrading a 1.03.06 unit, so the advice given was appropriate to the collective experience at the time (even if it was only me injecting a tentative note of caution) and will now be modified in the light of your report.

Accept your first point though 'detritus' a little harsh on a new poster.

I don't think asking somewhere else is neccesarily implying 'better answers' just more answers maybe, its just widening the net.

Remember I had bricked two boxes by then on info I had found here. ( I'm not blaming anyone as I appreciate there is always risk attached to these procedures)

Casting the net a little wider for answers would I imagine be understandable to many in my situation.

Also holding that against me would seem a little childish particularly as you say, many inhabit 'the other place' anyways

Not you, obviously. Try reading in the light-hearted manner intended, and note also the word "might".

Accept your first point though 'detritus' a little harsh on a new poster.
Detritus: noun; waste or debris of any kind.

Don't forget I was also referring to my own posts as detritus.

Unless you have permission from the other members of this forum to do so, you should not be speaking as if you represent them. There is no 'we', you are an individual, your comments are your own and no-one else's

Detritus: noun; waste or debris of any kind.

Don't forget I was also referring to my own posts as detritus.

I accept what you say ......

.... and thanks, I know the meaning of the word but being from a medical background it's this meaning which is uppermost in my conciousness

"de·tri·tus (dĕ-trī'tŭs)
Any broken-down material, carious or gangrenous matter, or gravel.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012"

Not a particularly pleasant connatation!

BH: how could a renowned lexicographer and grammarian like yourself have forgotten to check your post against the Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012? Shame on you!

BH: how could a renowned lexicographer and grammarian like yourself have forgotten to check your post against the Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012? Shame on you!

Hey, just shows you, even the gods have feet of clay:D

Hopefully new official software should be available soon. This is the reply I received today from Humax Customer Services.

Monty's Evil Twin

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

That version will appear on the beta site in the next week or so with release notes. The OAD is yet to be confirmed.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

17/07/2013 14:50 - wrote: Hi,

I have both HDR & HD Fox T2 boxes which I am very happy with. I've heard that new HDR Fox T2 units are shipping with 1.03.06 software installed. Is this version significantly different from 1.02.32? Are new versions for both boxes going to be transmitted OTA or made available via the beta humax or another website? If so, what is the timescale for this.

Thanks,

Hi

I have also emailed humax support regarding this and am awaiting a reply.

Nothing on the beta site as yet

I think that I have read somewhere that some of the newer boxes, or boxes running newer firmware, also have updated loader versions. Could a newer loader version be causing problems trying to run an older firmware?
I have been in contact with Barry (someone close to Humax) about users of new HDR with 1.03.06 not being able to downgrade, he has replied by asking "What loader version was on board before attempting the downgrade, and what version after", I think he is suggesting that a change in the loader version may be the problem, can someone with 1.03.06 confirm what version of loader they have?

My new HDR (the one that came with v1.03.06) has loader v7.34. My two (or more) year old HDR has v7.30.

I have since got another a new 1TB HDR from JL and that came with v7.33 but f/w v1.02.32.

HTH

Edit:

I don't like Seagate HDD's. The brand new 1TB unit has a reallocated sector count of 88 in two weeks of ownership. It didn't show any when purchased. It seems to have stabilised at 88. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that.

I have been in contact with Barry (someone close to Humax) about users of new HDR with 1.03.06 not being able to downgrade, he has replied by asking "What loader version was on board before attempting the downgrade, and what version after", I think he is suggesting that a change in the loader version may be the problem, can someone with 1.03.06 confirm what version of loader they have?

The two hdr's which failed to tune after downgrading to 1.02.32 were (I cannot be absolutely sure) but believe they were loader version a7.34

The latest box that I have is 1.03.06 loader version a7.34 just the same

I have got a bit more info. from Barry, he says he thinks the problem might be that some previous Humax releases also contained a loader and that this may be the problem. If the new HDRs are supplied with say 1.03.06 and loader 7.34 and then downgraded to say 1.02.32 which also included loader 7.32 then the loader is not compatible with the new HDRs

It is strange then that my HDR with loader 7.34 and downgraded f/w 1.02.32, works OK in the main but I randomly get 'no signal or program is scrambled' message. A power cycle cures it. It has never failed to boot. It has the CF installed too.

I have to say that I am no longer using it just in case it fails. I am waiting for 1.03.06 to be available with or without CF.

I think I'm going to cast doubt on what was stated in #73, My HDR arrived with 1.00.04 and loader a7.30, I have since installed 1.01.09, 1.02.07, 1.02.20, 1.02.27, 1.02,28, 1.02.29 and 1.02.32 and non of them have changed the loader from a7.30. The only loaded update I've heard of was on the HD-Fox T2 rather than the HDR-Fox T2

IIRC, af123 said quite some time ago, (forgive me if I am wrong, af), that the loader could not be changed when installing the CF, so would that not apply to changing the official f/w too?

Edit:
I am in agreement with you Ezra. The loader versions in ALL of my HDR's has remained the same as I purchased them, regardless of firmware version I have subsequently installed. Official or custom.

The two hdr's which failed to tune after downgrading to 1.02.32 were (I cannot be absolutely sure) but believe they were loader version a7.34
Long shot, after the downgrade have you tried a reset to factory defaults?

Hi

I have also emailed humax support regarding this and am awaiting a reply.

Nothing on the beta site as yet
I got this reply from them to my second e-mail on 12th August. No firm date yet, unfortunately:

Dear

No update yet, it should be there in the near future and going OTA shortly after.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

12/08/2013 13:40 - wrote:

Hi,

Is there any update on the availability of the new software versions on the betahumax site?

Regards,

I feel guilty in a way. Way back in post #4 of this thread I stated that I had downgraded my new HDR Fox-T2 from firmware 1.03.06 to 1.02.32 and did so without any problems. I even installed the custom firmware.

At the time of posting all that was true.

However, randomly, I began to get 'this service is scrambled or no signal present' displayed on the TV screen. When I say randomly I really mean that!. It can be two days between it happening. A simple power cycle of the box corrects the problem. The box has never failed/fails to boot and the unit is still working, however I have decided not to use it again until a new official firmware is available as I think I can count myself very lucky.

Although the box is new, I decided to open her up and change the HDD (from the original 500GB to 1TB) and remove the orange filter. It was a chance I took as the box appeared to be working normally, and didn't have a problem doing it. Now, however, I have invalidated the warranty and the tamper seal has been broken on a unit that has a potentially terminal fault.

I feel that I must apologise if some one has read my initial post and also downgraded their new box only to find it 'bricked'.

It was certainly not my intention to mislead anyone, and as my problem didn't manifest itself straight away, I had no idea what problems lay ahead for anyone else doing the same thing.

In some regard, it was wrong of the Humax system to allow a box to be downgraded. There was no warning or confirmation messages given and the 'older but current' firmware was/is freely available on their site without any warning not to downgrade.

:(:(:(

Have you tried a reset to factory defaults? I just wonder if it might be a change in tuner sensitivity and a reset to defaults may load in the correct settings.

Back