New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

You seem to have been rather unlucky, having had the same problem with two different boxes.
Strikes me as rather more than bad luck. There have been reports in the past of new boxes not running earlier versions and the speculation has been that there has been a hardware change and the new hardware isn't supported by the older firmware.

You seem to have been rather unlucky, having had the same problem with two different boxes.

So it would appear, though happening twice I am not sure luck is the appropiate term. It seems to me the procedure must now be considered very doubtful

Strikes me as rather more than bad luck. There have been reports in the past of new boxes not running earlier versions and the speculation has been that there has been a hardware change and the new hardware isn't supported by the older firmware.
I think that I have read somewhere that some of the newer boxes, or boxes running newer firmware, also have updated loader versions. Could a newer loader version be causing problems trying to run an older firmware?

Wallace, just a thought, was your box a refurb or from Humaxdirect? Just thinking Humax my have put latest software on a box with old hardware. It may be this way round works, other way doesn't.

I have speculated that a hardware change was the reason for 1.02.26 replacing 1.02.20 on some boxes (but not released by OTA or download) - see Things Every... (click) section 1, see also post 5 in this topic. New firmware can be written to accommodate current and older hardware revisions; it is not necessarily the case that old firmware accommodates newer hardware.

I believe it has been hinted that 1.03.06 is imminent for release, which (if it works when installed on the "bricked" box) will confirm the hypothesis, and also be available for customisation.

Wallace, just a thought, was your box a refurb or from Humaxdirect? Just thinking Humax my have put latest software on a box with old hardware. It may be this way round works, other way doesn't.

It was a new box from Amazon.

I do beg your pardon. You are right. My apologies. It was Border that mis-quoted me, and you quoted his post. My mistake. :(

Ok, apology accepted, you had me going there for awhile lol

I can't help thinking its very strange the operation(firmware downgrade) worked on your box and not on the two I have had

There is ever-such-a-slight risk that 1.03.06 has been installed to accommodate a hardware modification - but only very slight.

Update: One user with 1.03.06 supplied has tried to revert to 1.02.32 and found that it rendered his unit unusable... twice. See post 18 onwards. Until 1.03.06 is available for download, it is advisable that owners of 1.03.06 units DO NOT downgrade to 1.02.32 (despite the attractions of the custom firmware, which cannot be issued for 1.03.06 until 1.03.06 is available for inspection in the wild).

Ok, black hole, thats good you have posted this.

Not sure why you are being quite so rude to me on the av forum, unless its something I have missed

I think you have misunderstood. It was a message to the moderators to remove the irrelevant content from the wrong forum topic.

Long shot but, have tried re-downloading 1.02.32 from the website again just in case it is something wrong with the firmware image?

I say long shot, because corrupt downloads would normally be unreadable, but desperate measures ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have had the same experience, brand new box with 1.3.06 pre-installed, I downgraded to 1.02.32 and it would boot successfully, but lost all of the channels and retuning failed.

Very recently I too have been having a few problems with the HDR I downgraded to 1.02.32. But not quite what the others experience.

Randomly the tuner seems to die. I change channels and I get 'No signal is being received, blah, blah, blah'. Only a power off/on cures it. My channels are still there and otherwise the box functions normally.

Interestingly this has only just started happening. It is very random. I cannot find a pattern to it.

The problems people are experiencing since they downgraded the firmware all seem to be tuner related.

The advice from Black Hole not to downgrade seems sound.

I wonder if ver. 1.03.06 will ever be placed on the Humax download site, If it only works with a 'new hardware' HDR, then Humax will have to produce a software version that works on both new and old hardware, which would result a newer version e.g. 1.03.07 or later

Why would they produce a version that only works with new hardware? .
It takes less time to test a software version that only works with the new hardware, than it does to integrate and test code for new and old hardware
It would explain the problems users are having down grading to 1.02.32 and also why 1.03.06 has not been placed on the Humax download site or listed as a future OTA version

Yes, well that would fit with what we observed with 1.02.26.

I expect 1.03.06+ will be a new baseline for the CF.

I think you have misunderstood. It was a message to the moderators to remove the irrelevant content from the wrong forum topic.

You desribed my post or part of it as 'Detritus'

Since it seems to have been removed thats an answer in itself.

If that 'detritus' post of yours was not aimed at me as the quote above implies then fair enough.

Back