New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

Have you tried a reset to factory defaults? I just wonder if it might be a change in tuner sensitivity and a reset to defaults may load in the correct settings.

Yes, when the units failed to retune after firmware downgrade, but to no avail

I have invalidated the warranty and the tamper seal has been broken on a unit that has a potentially terminal fault.
If you have an unbroken seal on another Humax, you could probably transfer it to the new HDR, by heating it up with a hair dryer, I am told, (I haven't done this myself), that when it cools down it is as good as new making the original sticky surface re-useable

If you have an unbroken seal on another Humax, you could probably transfer it to the new HDR, by heating it up with a hair dryer, I am told, (I haven't done this myself), that when it cools down it is as good as new making the original sticky surface re-useable
I have tried the hair-drier technique on one box previously, and it was still evident that tampering had occurred. In Wallace's case, he would also have to reinstate his orange filter, and refit the original HDD. I think that the chances of being able to do this without any screws showing evidence of being removed, are fairly slim.

Fair point, It would be quite easy to inadvertently break the seal by simply picking up the HDR but the missing orange filter would be a bit more difficult to explain :)

At the moment I am not too worried. The box boots and works (with the exception of the afore mentioned problem). When, and I am sure it is when and not if, new official firmware is available, I should be able to load it OK and status quo should be returned. Failing that I could send it away to be repaired or keep it for spares. HDD, front panel, case and PSU!!!

I do beg your pardon. You are right. My apologies. It was Border that mis-quoted me, and you quoted his post. My mistake. :(

There may actually be a problem in the way the web site deals with quoted text. Check it out for yourself. If you click reply on post 27 you will see that the quoted text will disapear in the reply. The text from post 10 quoted in post 27 may have been cut and pasted but I do not think it was a 'mis-quote'. (I could be wrong).
Post 29 does not reflect what was in post 27 and if you test it by clicking reply to post 27 you will see that some of the text disappears in the reply box !!
The problem seems to arise when the reply button is clicked and text within a quote is not included in the reply therefore distorting a reply.

I apologise if my methods to reply to multiple posts in a single posts has lead to any confusion. I will try better in future.

At the moment I am not too worried. The box boots and works (with the exception of the afore mentioned problem). When, and I am sure it is when and not if, new official firmware is available, I should be able to load it OK and status quo should be returned. Failing that I could send it away to be repaired or keep it for spares. HDD, front panel, case and PSU!!!

I hope it works out o.k. when the official firmware is available.

If you click reply on post 27 you will see that the quoted text will disapear in the reply.
That's what the forum software (or the way the forum is configured) does: quotes will only nest one deep (to avoid ever-expanding posts). If you feel you need to quote a quote within a quote, you need to click "reply" in all the posts you wish to quote and you will see they all gather up in the reply edit box.

IIRC, af123 said quite some time ago, (forgive me if I am wrong, af), that the loader could not be changed when installing the CF, so would that not apply to changing the official f/w too?

Edit:
I am in agreement with you Ezra. The loader versions in ALL of my HDR's has remained the same as I purchased them, regardless of firmware version I have subsequently installed. Official or custom.

No HDR update has ever included a new loader. There was a new loader in one of the HD updates though, 1.02.20 IIRC, which might be the source of the confusion.

In some regard, it was wrong of the Humax system to allow a box to be downgraded. There was no warning or confirmation messages given and the 'older but current' firmware was/is freely available on their site without any warning not to downgrade.
Indeed. If there is an incompatibility then Humax should have changed the system ID to prevent installation of earlier software versions.

I have added a conspicuous 'do not downgrade from 1.03.06' warning to the top of the firmware downloads, upgrade paths and CFW release notes in the Wiki.

I've emailed humax support twice regarding this firmware but have had no replies

Success, though belatedly Humax support has answered my email

Hello

I have both your HDR's the Foxsat and the freeview Fox T2 box which I am very pleased with.

I understand that the new HDR Fox T2 units are shipping with 1.03.06 software installed. Is this update much advanced to the 1.02.32 software I have on my T2.

Are new versions for the T2 box going to be transmitted OTA or made available via the Humax beta or any other website? If so, when would that likely to be?

Many Thanks

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

I am sorry that you did not receive a response to your original email query.

With regards to your query, the new software is simply a loader version for units put together more recently. This may be made available however there would be no real difference to the software you would currently have.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

....... but does this help at all?

Sounds like a hardware difference, as anticipated. We won't be back on level ground until they release an update by OTA and download which has been engineered to be compatible with all units (new and old).

Doesn't really make sense to me. I thought the loader was not included in the firmware as such.

The motherboard of the HDR's I have, have a small alphanumerical box printed on them. Basically it shows the modification level of the hardware (I assume). The box I have that came with v1.03.06 is at a different mod level than my original unit that came with 1.02.32.

This is really only standard practice. All devices will 'evolve' throughout the production run.

Having just received my second replacement HDR which is also running 1.03.06 is there any way of extracting the firmware. Part of the process I went through (under instruction from Humax) was to downgrade to 1.01.09 and then up to 1.02.32. This did not resolve the problem (Hard drive disappeared from menu) but I did not have the problems mentioned in this posting. The unit was supplied as a replacement in February this year.

Having just received my second replacement HDR which is also running 1.03.06 is there any way of extracting the firmware. Part of the process I went through (under instruction from Humax) was to downgrade to 1.01.09 and then up to 1.02.32. This did not resolve the problem (Hard drive disappeared from menu) but I did not have the problems mentioned in this posting. The unit was supplied as a replacement in February this year.
There might be a way to extract via JTAG if there's an unprotected JTAG interface somewhere no the motherboard. Not trivial though and they may have disabled or protected it (they are required by YouView to do that on the newer boxes).

There is no custom firmware for 1.03.06, and if the unit was delivered with 1.03.06 it is highly inadvisable to try loading anything else (unless Humax are prepared to take the blame). The reason is that, without 1.03.06 being available to download yet, there is no way back.

Well the version I have been running on this and the previous unit both of which were 1.03.06 are obviously compatible. Customized Firmware version 2.18 for firmware 1.02.32 has been running fine since February this year. Both my units suffered hard drive problems and I did run the "Fix Disk" option on the unit which has been just replaced. Please see my posting no.96 (above) regarding firmware versions.

Back