New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

Neither do I. It has happened more than once. I have tried factory resets, manual channel scans and even a re-flash. It has happened once since I did all that, but not for a while.

I suppose that I should start to use the machine more, swap it out with one on my known 'good' units and give it a good thrashing! A picture of John Cleese and a tree branch has just appeared in my head!

It's just a bit of a faff setting it up under the TV.

This may sound silly, but do you think it is possible that the problems some people are having could just be a coincidence or a faulty batch of boxes rather than due to the 'new' firmware? Perhaps even a'bad flash'. Nobody wants one of those...:)

I think I mentioned before that I have recently experienced a similar issue. Although I had put it down to my fairly recently installed HDD.

Seems to only happen on mine when I switch to a HD channel - and it hasn't happened at all since I turned TSR off. Its hard to say if turning off TSR has definitely fixed it though because it was intermittent before.

I'm just now wondering if this "channel scrambled" issue could be completely unrelated to the new software or hardware as I have neither...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes you did. As my problem is so intermittent, I really cannot be sure that it has any relevance to the downgrading of the firmware. I didn't use it in it's original state long enough to notice.

The fault, if it is a fault, could have occurred then too, but the quick 'is it working post-delivery tests' didn't show up any problems. If it had, I would not have downgraded.

My 'problem' could be unrelated to the downgrade issues others have experienced. It just seems very coincidental.

My box certainly isn't 'bricked' and channel scanning works without a hitch. This is different to the problems others have reported.

I have no idea, I don't think anyone has tried to downgrade a /RE model yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I had thought it was being hypothesised that the /RE models were linked to the downgrade failing but I see now that I had misunderstood the earlier posts. The main thing I wanted to be able to do is to get recordings off onto my PC, and I've managed that using foxy now. The custom firmware would make it simpler, but it's not something I'll be doing very often, so I'll just stick with 1.03.06 for now.

I have just installed CF 2.19 on a HDR-FOX T2/GB which came with 1.03.06 installed. This is an old hardware box, running Loader a7.34, and MICOM 9.3. All seems to have gone to plan, so will see how it behaves over the next few days.

Although the error message would indicate an issue with the signal I dont think that is the case.

Signal strength usually around 70-80% and quality 100% and if there was an issue with the signal I would not expect a box reset to fix it without fail.

On my box it appears to be a software issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I have just installed CF 2.19 on a HDR-FOX T2/GB which came with 1.03.06 installed. This is an old hardware box, running Loader a7.34, and MICOM 9.3. All seems to have gone to plan, so will see how it behaves over the next few days.
Brave man Brian, or is it "well, if it doesn't work I have five others Brian"?
It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I don't really think that being brave comes into it,:) this one is a Humax graded box with old type hardware, albeit with newer firmware and loader. I decided that there was probably a chance that it may not work afterwards, but to me, the CF benefits far outweighed this risk.

I installed the standard 1.02.32, then performed a Factory Default setting, followed by a manual tune, finally installing CF 2.19 and my chosen packages.

I currently have No plans to try the same on my HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE box.

I don't really think that being brave comes into it,:) this one is a Humax graded box with old type hardware, albeit with newer firmware and loader. I decided that there was probably a chance that it may not work afterwards, but to me, the CF benefits far outweighed this risk.

I installed the standard 1.02.32, then performed a Factory Default setting, followed by a manual tune, finally installing CF 2.19 and my chosen packages.

I currently have No plans to try the same on my HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE box.

Hi,

I Downdated my Graded Old HW unit from 1.03.06 to 1.02.32 and added the CF on the 12th and posted OK (so far) : admittedly I posted in another thread.
Hi,

Decided to take a punt and ordered a Graded HDR T2-500 in the hope that it would be the old HW version and I could see if it would Downdate and install CFW.
. . .

My theory was that as it came with the new FW but had the Old HW it would probably be OK to go to an Old FW - I would not have tried it if the unit I received was the New HW model as the issue seems to be the new tuners (probably Silicon as all in one unit rather than the old two unit Can-Type) not being understood by the old 1.02.xx firmwares.

Pete

Does anyone still have an old hardware box running 1.03.06 that would be willing to try a few things on there?

... the new tuners (probably Silicon as all in one unit rather than the old two unit Can-Type) ...
I am trying to remember whether Silicon is more prone to signal overload or more resistant to signal overload. Which is it?

Does anyone still have an old hardware box running 1.03.06 that would be willing to try a few things on there?

I have a graded GB that I received from Humax about 1 month ago with the latest firmware. I might be willing to give it a go if we were fairly sure it wouldn't be bricked. Wife watches emmerdale and would be pretty annoyed if it went down.

Great - I believe af123 wants to check out an unmodified box with 1.03.06

Hopefully he can extract some useful info . . .

Back