No HD signal

Does the TV receive HD channels, assuming it is a HDTV capable set?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It isn't. It's a HD ready set. It has no HD tuner.
So we don't know whether the problem is the aerial itself rather than a Humax problem.

Do you have anybody nearby who is definitely picking up HD and May be willing to let you connect your Humax as a test.

According to: http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SO774464 the HD MUX from the Malvern transmitter is on Channel 60.

Martin
Well, I am close to out of my depth here. It's certainly 30, and I had been told it was Malvern. I don't know how to check.

Oddly, there's a bit of a signal now. Strength 40%, zero quality. No watchable picture.

Please someone tell me what to do! I sense an aerial man and a call-out charge looming.

This was all working perfectly for months. Nothing has changed...

Have you tried using the coverage checker at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/home ? Enter your postcode, house number, and tick the detailed view box.

This will show you which transmitter that you are likely to be receiving from, and details of the Mux frequencies.

Well, I am close to out of my depth here. It's certainly 30, and I had been told it was Malvern. I don't know how to check.

Oddly, there's a bit of a signal now. Strength 40%, zero quality. No watchable picture.

Please someone tell me what to do! I sense an aerial man and a call-out charge looming.

This was all working perfectly for months. Nothing has changed...
Well looking at the unfree.tv website, it definitely says that HD is on C60 for the Malvern (Worcestershire, England) transmitter. And I cannot find any other Malvern transmitters.
So something's amiss.

Trevor Wright : It's certainly 30, and I had been told it was Malvern. I don't know how to check.
I would guess you are receiving from Lark Stoke where the HD channels are on Ch30, Details HERE

Well, this says Malvern, with good reception on all channels.
So perhaps you need to retune your box to get the HD mux on ch 60, instead of ch 30.

What alternative transmitters does the digitaluk coverage checker show?

OK

the digtaluk checker shows only Malvern, as far as I can see.

This morning I did an auto retune. I did this to see if it offered any alternatives for HD. It didn't. It found only the HD channel 30.

I think I should now retune manually to find the HD channels on 60. However I'm wondering if this is wise, given that the autoretune doesn't see them even as alternatives. Doesn't this mean they must be inferior to 30, which it finds every time?

This is all slightly complicated by the fact that HD (on 30) is working perfectly this morning - and was BEFORE the rescan. I think I should ignore this fact as random.

I am wary of manual tuning, as I am (as I said) out of my depth here really. Advice on what to do and how would be gratefully received.

Back